Useful properties of water with a rose
Rose water is known for its beneficial properties and has a pleasant aroma. Learn how and for what purposes you can use it.
What is rose water, what does it contain?
Pink water in the scientific language is called hydrolat or secondary distillate of rose, which is an aqueous solution of the essential oil of a flower and is formed as a result of steam distillation, that is, evaporation of petals. In other words, it is a secondary product from the production of rose oil. The liquid has a pinkish-transparent shade and a pronounced aroma of rose. The composition of water includes essential oils, numerous organic acids (farnesol, geraneol, citronellol, nerol), tannins.
What is useful water with a rose for the body? Consider its main properties:
- This aromatic liquid has pronounced anti-inflammatory properties, allowing it to be used in various inflammatory diseases of the eye, throat, nose and mouth, such as rhinitis, tonsillitis, stomatitis, conjunctivitis, periodontitis.
- Rose water has an antiseptic effect and helps to destroy pathogens.
- Pleasant aroma has a mild sedative effect on the nervous system, improves sleep, eliminates the effects of stress, improves mood.
- The tool will help eliminate unpleasant odors coming from the mouth, from the legs and other parts of the body.
- Rose water is very useful for the skin and has an effect on it in several directions: it deeply moisturizes, improves elasticity, nourishes, smoothes the tone, smoothes the relief, normalizes the activity of sebaceous glands, improves microcirculation and blood circulation, stimulates the synthesis of elastin and collagen, and thus allows you to achieve anti-aging effect. In addition, regular use will help to stop inflammation, eliminate acne and pimples.
- If you apply a remedy for allergies or after insect bites, it will pleasantly cool the skin and eliminate itching.
- Water from rose petals will help to quickly recover from colds and flu, speed up the recovery process.
- There are wound healing and regenerating effects.
Rose water can be used in different ways:
- Use it as a tonic for washing daily, wiping your face with a cotton pad moistened with liquid.
- You can add rose water in home remedies, such as masks, lotions. You can also enter this component in the finished store cosmetics, but just before use. In addition, mixing the cream with water, evaluate the reaction that occurred: if some properties have changed, then you should not carry out the following experiments.
- You can use rose water for hair care: rinse curls with it or add a little to the shampoo before washing your hair.
- When rhinitis (cold), try to dig in two drops in each nostril in the morning and before bedtime in the evening.
- With a headache you can make a compress with rose water. Dampen it with a soft cloth or gauze folded several times, attach it to the forehead, capturing the temples. Lie down and relax as much as you can, breathe deeply. After half an hour or so the pain should subside.
- To improve sleep, place a container near the bed with rose water or pour it into an aromatic lamp. And to remove fatigue and stress, place a bowl with the product next to the workplace.
- With eye strain and conjunctivitis, you can bury rose water in your eyes.
- For inflammatory diseases of the mouth and throat, conduct regular frequent rinsing.
- It can treat burns, some dermatological diseases of the skin. You can make lotions or wipe the affected areas.
How to make rose water by yourself?
An analogue of rose water, with similar properties, you can try to make at home. This will require flower petals, water, a thick-bottomed container, and gauze.
The process of obtaining:
- First you need to select good petals. They should be large enough, dry, free from damage and stains. Collect them in the morning, but before settling on dew plants.
- Wash the petals carefully, then place them in a saucepan or other similar container.
- Pour the purified water so that it slightly covers the petals.
- Put the tank on the stove, bring the water to a boil, then reduce the heat.
- Simmer the mixture under the lid on the lowest heat until the petals lose color and become pale and faded. This can take about half an hour or more.
- Now strain the liquid and wring out the remaining raw materials.
- Homemade fragrant pink water is ready!
If you still have not used rose water, then be sure to start doing it.
How to make a beautiful wrought iron gate for a private house with your own hands
How and from what can be made mastic for decorating dishes
Secrets of cooking fricassee
Dress pleated: with what to wear and how to choose
HYP weeks: discussing the sex scandal with the actors in Hollywood
Automatic watering device
How to protect a child from injury while walking