The medicinal properties of the dried marsh plant
Some herbs that grow literally underfoot and do not attract attention are in fact incredibly useful. So, swamp lozenge has many amazing properties.
Brief description of the plant
Marsh stagnant belongs to grassy annual plants, has a low, branchy at the base and moderately pubescent stem, narrow leaves with pubescence, as well as yellowish-brown, small flowers and collected in inflorescences. Another well-known name is toad grass. There is such a plant in Ukraine, Belarus, Russia, in the Caucasus, in Kazakhstan and in some other regions.
Amazing plant composition
Slurry has a rich composition and contains such active substances as organic acids (for example, chlorogenic acid), flavonoids, tannins, resins, essential oils, coumarins, alkaloids, phytosterols, thiamine, carotenoids, as well as ascorbic acid.
Useful properties of the plant:
- Wheatgrass stump has astringent properties, due to which it stops bleeding and speeds up the tightening of wounds. And that is why the herb can be used even for gastritis and ulcers.
- The plant is very useful for the cardiovascular system and is used to prevent heart attacks and other diseases. It allows you to expand the main and peripheral vessels, to stabilize the heart rhythm, as well as to reduce the level of blood pressure and, accordingly, to reduce the burden placed on the heart.
- Anti-inflammatory properties that spread to the soft tissues, skin and mucous membranes, allow the use of dried sugar in a variety of diseases of the genital organs, oral cavity and pharynx, and skin.
- Regeneration and reparative effects cause widespread use of toad grass in surgery, including burns. Means based on this plant allow you to heal more quickly trophic ulcers, purulent wounds and other skin damage
- Swamp loaf can also be used as a mild sedative, as it normalizes sleep and eliminates such unpleasant symptoms as a rapid heartbeat and respiratory disorders associated with it.
- The plant is useful for digestion: it not only promotes healing and restoration of the mucous membranes of the gastrointestinal tract, but also stimulates peristalsis.
- Means based on toad grass can be used to strengthen immunity and to improve health, because the plant is rich in numerous nutrients, among which an important ascorbic acid.
When should you not use a plant?
Swamp loaf has contraindications for use, which include:
- bradycardia (decrease in heart rate to thirty to fifty beats per minute);
- hypotension, that is, a decrease in blood pressure;
- diseases characterized by increased blood clotting and increased risks of blood clots (these include trobmoz, thrombophlebitis);
- individual hypersensitivity to the plant in question;
- periods of breastfeeding and lactation;
- children's age (preferably up to twelve years).
Where to get such a useful plant?
The easiest way is to purchase the swamp lobster at the pharmacy. Most often, it is sold in the form of finished minced and dried raw materials,sometimes packaged in separate filter packages.
If desired, you can independently carry out the collection of plants. It is produced during the flowering period, namely from the beginning of July to the end of August or the beginning of September. All ground parts are used, so the grass is cut almost at the very surface of the earth. It can be dried both in a special dryer or in an oven at low temperatures, and naturally in fresh air, but always in a well-ventilated room. Further, dry raw materials are crushed and stored in cardboard or canvas containers for up to three years.
Ways to use
The plant has been widely used in various areas of traditional medicine, and there are many ways to use it.
Consider some recipes:
- When hypertension is recommended to apply tincture on alcohol. To prepare five teaspoons of dry and crushed raw materials, pour alcohol with alcohol (minimum strength - 70%). Cap the container tightly and for two weeks, send it to a cool place. The tool is filtered and taken from two to four times a day, half a teaspoon.
- To strengthen the immune system and improve sleep, you can use the infusion.It is quite simple to make it: twenty grams of grass (about two tablespoons with a slide), pour two incomplete cut glasses of freshly boiled water. Capacity tightly close and leave for two hours to fully infuse the tool. Then liquid with a cloth or gauze rolled up several times and strain and take a third or half cup twice or thrice a day.
- In case of inflammatory diseases, decoction will help. Three or four tablespoons of the finished dried raw materials are poured with one glass of hot or boiled water. The container is placed on a low fire and languishes for twenty minutes, after which another half an hour is infused. Then the tool must be filtered and take two to three tablespoons up to five times a day. Also, this decoction can be used for douching for cervical erosion and other gynecological diseases.
- For external use for ulcers and wounds, apply ointment. Mix a glass of herb with the same amount of petroleum jelly, fat or olive oil. In the refrigerator, insist on the remedy for a week, and then apply on the affected areas of the skin evenly in the evening and morning.
Discover the marsh moth and its amazing properties!
8 dresses from little-known Russian brands, which should be bought
Basic rules for bottle sterilization
How to clean a clogged toilet without a plunger
Incredibly beautiful summer swimsuits 2014 (28 photos)