The main types of cutting products
The taste of the dish depends not only on the right ingredients, but also on how exactly they are sliced. The same product in different ways reveals its taste, depending on the size and shape of the pieces with which it is cut. Therefore, it is very important to know what types of cutting are. This will help you prepare a dish that in appearance and taste will not be inferior to restaurant dishes.
Types of slicing products
There are two main types of cutting: curly and simple. The first is used to make products of various beautiful forms, for example, to create roses from cucumbers or carrots, which serve as decoration for ready-made dishes. Simple slicing is used for cooking.
We are used to cutting food into cubes, slices, straws, slices or plates. But if you want to become a professional in culinary business or just want to surprise your relatives, then you should learn the correct names of the forms of cutting products.This will allow you to prepare dishes that will fully comply with the recipes.
Cutting is of the following types:
- Carpaccio. Many people believe that this is an Italian dish, the main ingredient of which is a thinly sliced piece of beef, seasoned with olive oil. However, carpaccio is also the name of the method of cutting products, in which meat, fish and even vegetables are cut into very thin slices that are almost translucent in the light. The thickness of the cut products should not exceed the thickness of a sheet of paper.
- Tartarus. This is one of the methods of grinding products, whose name has become the name of the finished dish. The ingredients are cut very finely and seasoned with sauce.
- Blanket Everyone knows what a French fries looks like. It is this form of cubes that have products cut using the blanket method. In addition to frying potatoes, it is also used for cooking various soups and other first courses.
- Conkas. The name of this type of cutting products from French is translated as “small cube”. At the same time vegetables, most often Bulgarian pepper and tomatoes, need to be specially prepared.It is necessary to remove the peel from them, pour over boiling water and remove the seeds. Then the vegetables should be cut into cubes, the size of which should not exceed 1 cm.
- Julienne. This is not only a familiar dish of mushrooms and sauce, but also the name of the method of cutting products, in which the ingredients are cut into 2 mm straws and 2.5 cm long. This shape allows you to give the dish a delicate texture. Therefore, juliens are used to prepare various salads and soups.
- Twist. If your table has a platter of vegetables, sturgeon, salmon or other meat delicacies that are cut into equal small pieces, then know that this is cool.
- Brenoise. Most often, this method of slicing is used to make stews. Meat and vegetables are cut into cubes measuring 1-2 cm. This allows the ingredients to cook evenly without losing their shape.
The rules of perfect cutting products
- In order for the cutting process to be as fast and convenient as possible, and the products to have the correct shape, you should use a sharp-cut knife.
- For cutting fresh fish fillets you will need a very thin and sharp knife.
- Meat should be cut only across the fibers, because then it will not be tough.
- The most delicious salad is a salad, the ingredients of which were crushed just before serving. In this case, they perfectly retain their taste and do not have time to let the juice.
- Salad products should always be cut to the same size. This will make the consistency of the salad more uniform.
- If you want the taste of an acute product, for example chili, to be felt throughout the whole mass of the dish, then it should be cut into very small pieces. But if you want to spice up the dish, then in this case the sharp ingredient should be cut into larger pieces.
- For cutting vegetables, it is better to use equipment (knives, shredders, graters) made of stainless steel.
- Cut vegetables and fruits should not be stored in water or in the open air, as they quickly darken.
Types of cuts in different cuisines of the world
Some countries have their own traditional types of cutting products. In this sense, China and Japan stand out in particular. For example, Chinese chefs cook chicken and pork meat only with cubes, the size of which should not exceed 1 cm³, while the pork loin is cut with a rhombus 2 cm high, 1 cm wide and 7 cm long.
The Japanese also have their original types of cutting:
- Sengiri. This unusual name for cutting means that products (carrots or daikon) are cut into 4-5 cm long straws.
- Mizhingiri. Most often in this way chopped onions. First, it is cut into straws (sengiri), and then transverse cuts are made, and the size of the pieces should not be more than 5 mm.
- Sainomegiri. These are cubes with a size of 1.5x1.5 cm. The Japanese prefer such a way to cut potatoes, bamboo and carrots, which are used to make salads and side dishes.
- Kogutigiri. With this type of cutting products, most often green onions, are cut, starting from the thin end perpendicular to the fibers.
- Meng-tory (smoothing of corners). In this way, carrots and daikon are cut, while their pieces should not have sharp corners, due to which their shape can be deformed, which is undesirable for festive dishes.
- Sasagaki. Japanese cuisine is very original. In this way, the Japanese planed like pencils, burdock and bamboo.
- Kakusibote (hidden knife). To make the vegetables cook better, they are cut from the thick end in the form of a cross.
Now you know all the subtleties of slicing products in different countries of the world. This will help you improve your culinary skills and please your family and friends with delicious masterpieces.
Amazing idea to remake a regular T-shirt into a fashionable Blouse
Knitted baby cap Kit
What stone can be worn on the index finger
Delicious soups on beef broth - 10 step-by-step recipes
Knitting needles Stylish hat
Jennifer Aniston did not have enough support for her husband during a meeting with Jolie
Brooch Spike tricolor of St. George