Beef Stuffed Zucchini Boats | with Greatist
It’s officially autumn, which means it’s time to get out the gourds. And while they fare well as Halloween-décor, they are also quite delicious— and nutritious! This recipe has us using acorn squash, which serves as an edible bowl filled with protein-packed quinoa, spinach, and low-fat creamy ricotta!
Quinoa and Spinach Stuffed Acorn Squash
What You Need:
2 medium-sized acorn squash, halved
1 10oz box frozen spinach
1 cup quinoa
1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
½ yellow onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
Optional: Sprinkle of Parmesan cheese
What To Do:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Cut acorn squash in half and spoon out seeds. Brush with 1 tbsp olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and bake for 50 minutes, or until soft.
3. Bring two cups of water to a boil and add quinoa. Bring quinoa to a simmer and then lower the heat. Cook until all the water is absorbed—about 15 minutes.
4. While the quinoa is cooking, heat a skillet on medium with 1 tbsp olive oil. Add onions and let cook for five minutes, or until they start to brown.
5. Add spinach and minced garlic, stirring constantly until the spinach defrosts and warms. Add salt and pepper to taste.
6. Combine cooked quinoa into the skillet with spinach, garlic, and onions, and add ricotta. Stir on low heat for two minutes.
7. Remove the squash from the oven and add the quinoa mixture. Place back in the oven for 8-10 minutes, or until the “stuffing” is hot.
8. Let cool for five minutes, add a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese, and enjoy!
Video: One Pan Beef & Broccoli Stir-Fry | with Greatist
Finding Your Way in a Type 2 Diabetes Support Group
Insta-Glam Instagram: Matte RedLips
How to Get the Inspiration Motivation for Success
HM Unveils Eco-Friendly SpringCollection
Couple Missing Since 1942 Is Found Frozen on a Glacier in the Swiss Alps
This Is Us Season 2 Episode 16 Shows Just How Badly This Show Needs Female Friendship
Sono nata con i super poteri Due Millennial ti raccontano come la disabilità le ha rese invincibili
The 7 Most Timeless, Ageless Dress Styles Everyone Should Own
10 Types Of Shirt Every Man Should Own
How to Tell a Girl Shes Beautiful
How to Make Sugar Rockets
How to Get a Job With a Degree in Philosophy
Food Allergy: An Overview
Hairstyles For Thick Hair Of Any Length
Tracking Incontinence With a Bladder Diary