Breadcrumb Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe - Laura Vitale - Laura in the Kitchen Episode 330
Stuffed Baby Bella Mushrooms
Yields: 8 servings | Serving Size: 1 stuffed mushroom | Calories: 139 | Total Fat: 8 g | Saturated Fat: 2 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 63 mg | Sodium: 175 mg | Carbohydrates: 11 g | Dietary Fiber: 1 g | Sugars: 2 g | Protein: 5 g | SmartPoints: 5
- 8 big cremini mushrooms (also called baby bella or baby portobello)
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 egg yolk
- 3/4 cup whole wheat breadcrumbs
- Clean mushrooms with a brush or slightly wet kitchen towel to take away the dirt. Cut and discard the end part (where the roots are)of the stem. Rinse under the faucet quickly then pat dry with a kitchen paper towel.
- Pre heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Pull out the stems of the mushrooms then rub some salt in the internal part of the mushrooms. Mince the stems then set aside.
- Over medium heat, in a small saucepan with about 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, sautè the garlic then add the minced mushroom stems and shallot. Keeping the heat low, cover and cook for about 6 minutes.
- When all of the water evaporates from the minced mushroom stems, add a teaspoon of parsley. Turn off the fire then cover to keep it warm.
- Over low heat, in another small saucepan, add 1 tablespoon olive oil, then add the flour gradually while whisking continuously for about 2 to 3 minutes until a golden paste has formed. Pour the milk slowly while whisking. Cook for about 5 minutes, whisking continuously, until a thick sauce (Bechamel sauce) is created.
- Season with the nutmeg, salt and Parmesan. Turn off the fire then let it cool down to room temperature.
- When it has already cooled down, add the egg yolk and the sautèed mushroom stems.
- Fill up all the mushrooms with the sauce the sprinkle the top with the breadcrumbs.
- Place the stuffed mushrooms on a baking pan lined with parchment paper then bake for 20 minutes.
- Garnish with the remaining parsley before serving.
Video: Garlic Parmesan-Stuffed Mushrooms
Turkey Trots: The 20 Most Fun Races in the U.S
70 Sun Tattoo Designs For Men – A Symbol Of Truth And Light
Massage Therapy and its Surprising Benefits
Jessica Biel Long Hair Style 2013
Easy Escapes: Debbie Travis’ Tuscan Getaway, Italy
7 Things You Should Know Before Taking Probiotics
How Spending Just One Extra Minute On Your Phone Before Bed Can Rob You Of 60 Minutes Of Sleep
Preventing Stroke in People With Afib: A Daily Challenge
H.E. by Mango Clothing: Spring 2014 Collection
Melissa is getting married
9 Rules From The Worlds Healthiest People
Dan Holdsworth x Moncler Blackout Collection