Secrets of the use of tar soap at home
Tar is a product of pyrolysis (distillation) of wood, oily to the touch, dark brown or bluish. It contains phytoncides, xylene, cresol, phenol, organic acids, as well as resin, and is a natural antiseptic. Birch bark is made of tar called "birch tar" or "Russian oil".
The tool has been used for ages to solve many problems from shoe cleaning, lubrication of parts, to the treatment of skin diseases. Today it is used mainly as an additive to soap and shampoo. Tar soap has a specific, sharp smell, but it is still difficult to find a replacement, because it can be used for medicinal purposes, it is part of the ointments Vishnevsky, Konkov, Wilkinson. In this article I will tell you about the benefits that can be learned from this product, and I will also emphasize contraindications.
Useful properties of tar soap
This product positively affects not only the condition of the skin, but also the hair, although the list of advantages is much wider.
- Helps to get rid of skin rashes, in the treatment of psoriasis.
- Used to get rid of lice.
- Widely used in cosmetology.
- Heals wounds.
- It can be used to eliminate bedsores, helps with frostbite or burns.
- Used for the treatment and prevention of fungal diseases.
- It has a detox effect.
- Solves delicate problems of women's health.
This is not all pluses. Below I will tell in more detail about the properties of this natural and useful substance.
Harm and contraindications
Like any other drug, it has a number of contraindications, and can be harmful if used improperly. It is important to know the nuances of the application, in order not to harm, but to extract the maximum benefit.
- If you first use tar soap, watch for sensations. A slight burning sensation is allowed, but intense itching should be a signal to stop all procedures.
- May cause skin peeling, so those who by nature have dry skin, should use it in a local and limited amount.
In most cases, the soap does not cause much harm, so you can use it, and not worry about the occurrence of serious side effects.
How to apply tar soap
Soap is perfect for eliminating inflammation and for improving blood circulation. It activates the regeneration of cells, exfoliates, whitens the effect. It can be used for the following problems:
- For the treatment of scabies, leprosy, normalization of the sebaceous glands, reduction of scars, narrowing of enlarged pores, face whitening. They can wash, make lotions and compresses, peels.
- To restore the integrity of the epidermis of the scalp. Reduce sebum secretion, remove dandruff, restore and restore the vital energy to the curls, improve hair growth, lighten the tone of dyed hair. It is better to wash your head with a soap solution, which is washed off with warm water.
- For intimate hygiene. Allows you to protect the sensitive mucous and vagina from fungi and bacteria, eliminates thrush. It is recommended to use no more than twice a week. Strengthen the effect will help herbal decoctions.
- Acne uses a point mask: for cooking, you need to scrape off a little soap from the bar and apply a small amount on pimples. Do the procedure at home for half an hour before bedtime. Wash off the mask with warm water. The result is noticeable in the morning: pimples either disappear or significantly decrease. Mask do until complete cleansing of the skin from the rash. Can also be used with pimples on the back.
- Helps to eliminate lice, but - not a panacea, as the nits do not disappear. Moreover, it is necessary to use other drugs for lice. Effective will be only with prolonged contact with lice - at least 40 minutes a day.
- With psoriasis, it relieves inflammation and regenerates the skin, has a disinfecting effect.
- When nail fungus disinfects, relieves inflammation, stops itching and helps to restore the nail plate and skin. Can be used for cleansing, make lotions and compresses with fungus.
Use in cosmetology
Beauticians do not recommend constantly washing with tar soap because its ingredients contain substances that dry out the skin.This is certainly harmful and the breaks between courses are necessary: we use 14 days and rest 10 days.
If you wash with birch tar-based soap and feel tight, apply a moisturizer.
Hair cosmetologists recommend using shampoos based on tar, but their effectiveness is lower. Shampoo is applied as follows: to distribute the hair in massage movements and hold for a few minutes. Then the soap base is washed off with warm water. The curls damaged by a curl or coloring get a second life. It is necessary to apply tar shampoo or soap 2-3 times a week until you see the result.
Opinion and feedback from doctors
You can use tar soap as a preventive measure and without consulting a doctor. But with the appearance of skin diseases, be sure to consult a doctor for examination and diagnosis. Self-treatment may not be sufficiently effective and long-term, which in some cases is unacceptable due to the infectious nature of the disease.
Doctors say that soap on the basis of tar is not the key to solving all problems, but only one of the components to achieve a therapeutic effect.
Useful information and tips
Those who at least once in their life were holding a tar soap, note the presence of a sharp, unpleasant odor and the appearance of dry skin. But these unpleasant moments can be minimized with proper use.
Store soap should be in a closed-type soap dish to prevent deoxidation and the spread of odor.
There are many varieties of tar-based products in the stores and most of them contain chemical additives. Be attentive before purchasing, and review the information on the packaging.
Tar soap is a cosmetic rather than medicinal product, therefore it is used for therapeutic purposes in complex therapy.
The effectiveness of soap is proven by time. It is used to solve dermatological problems, get rid of lice, eliminate thrush and nail fungus. The main thing is timeliness. So, some people, knowing about their predisposition to pustular eruptions, carry out systematic prophylaxis to prevent skin problems. Before use, it is better to consult a doctor who will prescribe additional procedures to achieve a quick effect.
Turquoise jacket knitting needles for beginners. Knitting description, pattern
Crafts for February 23 for the pope with their own hands in the kindergarten in the junior and senior group, master classes with photo and video - Crafts for children by February 23 from colored paper and napkins
How can you pass a diploma for an excellent grade
Yakisugi - Japanese wood processing technology