Secrets of growing a cuff in the garden
Some plants unfairly left unattended gardeners. And one of them is a cuff. And how to grow and use it?
What is this plant?
Cuff belongs to the family Rosaceae and is common in many countries of the northern hemisphere of the planet. Literally ten years ago, many considered it a weed and weed, but recently the plant has become popular among gardeners. In nature, it grows almost everywhere: in meadows, forest edges, lakes and rivers.
This flower got its name due to openwork leaves resembling the cuffs of vintage expensive apparels. But the flowers ugly, small and pale, painted in a light yellow shade. But as they gather in rather magnificent inflorescences and are framed with figured leaves, on the whole the plant looks rather elegant.
There are many varieties of cuffs, but the following are the most popular and well-known:
- The soft cuff forms quite luxuriant inflorescences in height up to 40-50 centimeters, flowering is abundant and very long.
- The ordinary cuff has slightly folded leaves, flowering is ungrowner and short (approximately from the end of May to the middle of June).
- The glittering cuff is a little like the ordinary, but it forms fairly neat and erect inflorescences, so it looks neat.
- Alpine cuff is notable for insignificant height, not exceeding 15-20 centimeters, and long abundant flowering.
How to grow?
How to grow a cuff in the garden? This can be done in two ways:
- With the help of seeds. They can be sown either in November with further strengthening with lower temperatures, or at the beginning of spring. If you chose the first method, then place the seeds in a moist soil. At the bottom of the tank, lay a layer of drainage, for example, expanded clay or pebbles. After a couple of weeks, the pots should be placed in a cool place, for example, on a glazed balcony or loggia (if it is not glazed, then equip a shelter). In the spring, place the containers in the room and wait for seedlings that will not take long to wait. When they get a little stronger, you can transplant cuffs in open ground. This unusual method allows you to harden the roots and strengthen them, ensuring rapid growth and adaptation of the flower to any climatic conditions.
- The second method is dividing the bush.Since the cuff perfectly transfers transplant and quickly gets used to the new conditions, this option is also very popular. Gently dig up the bush and at the base carefully divide it into several parts, spreading them in different places. Then just continue to care for the flower, and it will grow.
You can plant shoots almost anywhere, they will feel great in the shade and in the sun. But do not put them near the trees, it can harm the latter.
How to care?
Cuff - completely unpretentious plant, so that care for him is very simple. Its main rules are:
- Watering should be regular, but not excessive, as waterlogging can lead to decay and death of the roots. But do not let the earthy coma dry out, especially in the heat.
- Pruning long shoots will form a beautiful bush and achieve flowering. And if in time to cut off the flowering buds, the flowers may reappear in the fall.
- Fertilize the soil with organic compounds, humus, it will make the plant more robust and lush. But feeding the cuff too often is not worth it, enough for two times during the entire growing season.
- For the winter period, the bushes should be mulched with peat, and then they will be able to withstand even severe frosts and make them happy with growth and flowering next year.
The cuff is useful and has long been used in traditional medicine. It contains tannins, catechins, phytosterols, flavonoids, anthocyanins, fatty acids, vitamin C, zinc, boron, manganese, and iron. Useful and therapeutic properties of the cuff:
- This plant has hemostatic properties and helps with bleeding.
- The cuff has a lactogonic effect, that is, it increases the production of milk during breastfeeding.
- The plant strengthens the walls of blood vessels and prevents their stretching and damage.
- It is worth noting astringents and regenerating agents that provide faster healing of wounds.
- Since the composition contains plant hormone-like substances, the cuff can be used to normalize hormonal levels.
- The plant has an anti-inflammatory effect, so it can be used to treat a variety of inflammatory diseases of the respiratory system, reproductive system.
- Cuff normalizes digestion, has a choleretic effect.
- The plant will help with various poisonings, because it has detoxification properties.
- Cuff is a natural antioxidant that neutralizes the harmful effects of free radicals and thereby stops the processes of premature aging and tissue damage, and also prevents the development of cancer.
- Funds based on this flower can be used to strengthen the immune system and recuperate after past illness or injury.
The use of the cuff is very wide. Surprisingly, it can be used even for culinary purposes: juicy and healthy salads are obtained from its leaves. But special attention deserves folk recipes that are used for a variety of diseases and pathologies: malfunctions of the menstrual cycle in women, bronchitis, dermatological diseases, sinusitis and sinusitis, digestive disorders, colitis, and so on.
You can cook on the basis of cuffs various broths and infusions: one or two teaspoons pour a glass of boiling water and either keep the fire for fifteen minutes in the event of decoction, or insist for an hour or two to prepare the infusion.These tools can be used both externally and internally (usually one tablespoon several times a day). Also useful and tea with this plant. But alcoholic tinctures should be used topically for dermatological diseases.
Cuff just can not hurt, because the contraindications are few, or rather, they are absent altogether. The exception is hypersensitivity to individual components. It is not necessary to exceed the permissible dosages and take the means based on the plant for an extended period of time, as this can lead to digestive disorders such as diarrhea, bloating.
Grow a cuff and use it to promote health!
Preparing the perfect coffee: 10 valuable tips from someone with experience
Shredded iPad Case
Do-it-yourself construction of a gas-block house
Cyprus - a wonderful place for a good holiday