Secrets of cooking this cheeseburger
Many people love fast food, but the usefulness of the dishes belonging to this category is not exactly different. But their harm can be reduced to zero if you cook various snacks yourself. For example, at home you can cook a cheeseburger, it is much easier than you think!
What is a cheeseburger?
A cheeseburger is a type of hamburger that requires the addition of cheese. The name, by the way, literally translates from English as "cheese" and "bun". This dish looks like a sandwich, but it has several layers, two of which are just cut along a bun.
The history of the creation of a cheeseburger goes back to the last century. Moreover, there is an opinion that such a dish appeared as a result of a cook's mistake. So, approximately in 1928 in a snack bar "Rite Spot", located in Pasadena, the young chef Lionel Sternberger distracted and re-fried a hamburger.
But he decided not to throw it out, but to disguise the defect with a slice of cheese, which, melted, had to close the burnt place and eliminate the burnt taste.And this appetizer appealed to the client, so it was decided to include a cheeseburger in the main menu.
How to cook?
How to cook a delicious and appetizing cheeseburger? To get started, prepare all the necessary ingredients:
- 4 buns with sesame (they can be purchased at almost any large store);
- 600-700 grams of beef;
- 1 or 2 tomatoes;
- 3 tablespoons of mayonnaise;
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard;
- large pickled cucumber;
- 4 medium sized lettuce leaves;
- 1 head of red or usual onions (red is not so bitter and more juicy, so it's better to choose it);
- pepper and salt to taste;
- vegetable oil or fat for frying.
- First you need to make beef patties. For this meat mince, preferably twice, in order to achieve uniformity. Next, mix the minced meat with salt and pepper, form flat cutlets and fry them in vegetable oil or fat on both sides until golden brown.
- Now prepare the buns. Just cut them in two halves around the middle.
- Mayonnaise should be mixed with Dijon mustard. Cut the cucumber into rings, chop the onions into half rings.Tomatoes cut into rings. Wash lettuce leaves and dry well.
- Next, proceed directly to the formation of a cheeseburger. Take the bottom half of one bun, richly grease it with mustard-mayonnaise sauce. Next, put a leaf of lettuce, and then a few cucumber rings and onions. Put the cutlet on top, put a slice of cheese on it. Next come the tomato rings. Smear the other half of the loaf too and cover all the ingredients with it.
- Homemade cheeseburger ready!
A few recommendations that will help you to simplify the cooking process as well as make the cheeseburger tasty and appetizing:
- To make the burgers tight and smooth and not collapse in the frying process, you can wrap them in a plastic bag or cling film after forming and place them in the freezer for a while. And when they freeze a little and harden, proceed to roasting.
- You can use almost any sauce that you like, such as mustard, garlic, ketchup, mayonnaise, and so on. In addition, you can prepare interesting sauces yourself, adding to ready-made store seasonings, garlic,onions or herbs to your liking.
- As for cheese, you can use not only cheddar, but almost any. And still it is desirable to prefer not fused, but a solid variety. And cheddar will be an ideal option, as it has a savory taste, bright color and a plastic texture, and also melts correctly.
- Buns can be baked at home. To do this, mix dough from 4.5 glasses of flour, one glass of milk, half a glass of water, 50 grams of butter, 2 tablespoons of sugar, 2 teaspoons of fast dry yeast, one egg, and 1.5 tablespoons of salt. First you need to mix milk, water and butter and heat the mixture to about 38 degrees. Mix flour with sugar, yeast and salt. Next, combine the dry composition with the liquid, add the same egg there. Knead the dough, cover it with something and let it stay warm for about an hour so that it rises, and the yeast has time to react with the sugar and become more active. Next, form the balls and place them on a baking tray covered with parchment (it is desirable to grease it with vegetable or butter). Bake buns at 200 degrees for about 20 minutes, and sprinkle with sesame five minutes before cooking.As a result, they should rise well and acquire a golden crust. By the way, to achieve a beautiful shade and crunch, you can grease the surface with a mixture of eggs and sugar before baking.
- You can change the order of the layers as you wish. For example, a bow can be put on a cutlet, and cucumbers - on tomatoes. But the cheese is preferably located in the immediate vicinity of the hot cutlet, so that it melts slightly and becomes soft.
- Serve cheeseburger as an independent snack, for example, with juice. But you can also supplement it with french fries, salad or scrambled eggs.
- It is worth noting that the snack is nourishing and very high in calories, so eating it too often is not worth it, especially if you watch your figure.
Now you can definitely make a delicious cheeseburger.
Conversion of fluorescent lamps to LED
Choosing wallpaper for walls
We are painting the windows for the New Year
Khachapuri style fritters
Books that everyone should read
Leather bracelet - fashion accessory of the season
Hohensaltsburg is a place worth visiting
Want to celebrate the New Year? Go to Italy