Secrets of cooking homemade beer
Beer is a favorite foam drink. But in stores it is difficult to find a product of good quality, with excellent taste characteristics. But it can be obtained at home, if you know and comply with the technology of preparation.
How to cook by yourself?
How to make beer at home? Below are several cooking methods.
If you decide to choose this recipe, then you will need these products:
- 27 liters of water;
- five tsp. beer yeast;
- 40-45 g of hops (optimal level of alpha acidity - 4.5%);
- 3 kg of barley malt;
- incomplete cup of sugar.
- The first and important stage is the so-called grout. By this is meant the process of mixing crushed grain with hot water in order to extract starch. Grouting is carried out in several stages. First, you should pour twenty-five liters of water into a container of appropriate size and heat it to about 78-80 degrees.Place the malt in a bag made of several layers of gauze and immerse in a saucepan, covered with a lid. At about 70 degrees, torment the composition for an hour and a half. Next, to identify the starch can be done iodine test. Mix a small amount of liquid with iodine and follow the reaction: if the shade has changed to blue, boil the raw material for about fifteen minutes. Ready malt should be boiled five minutes already at 80 degrees to deactivate the enzymes. Then take out the bag, rinse with the remaining water to wash out all the extractive ingredients remaining in the raw material. Pour this water into the pot.
- The liquid must be brought to a boil, after which a third of the hops is added. Boil for half an hour, then enter the second part of the product. After forty minutes of intense boiling, add the remaining hops and boil the drink for about twenty minutes. During the whole process, the wort should gurgle, it should also be periodically stirred.
- Quickly cool the liquid to about 25 degrees. Strain it and pour it into a container in which further fermentation will take place.
- In the ready mash add yeast.About half an hour before the introduction into the wort, they are filled with warm water in small quantities. Place a water seal on the container, take it to a dark place with a temperature of about 24 degrees. Fermentation takes about a week, and after it is completed, the drink becomes brighter, and the release of carbon dioxide becomes less active.
- Then the beer must be saturated with carbon dioxide, for which sugar is added to it. Next, the drink is bottled in individual containers and left for two or three weeks. You can shake the container once a week. Then you can put the beer in the fridge and drink. But if it lasts another month, it will acquire a more rich taste.
Prepare a tasty beer can be a little easier. Here's what it takes:
- 0.5 kg of any grain (you can use a mixture of barley, rye, oats, millet);
- 50 g of dried hops;
- three tbsp. l. chicory;
- four glasses of granulated sugar;
- 10 liters of water;
- rind of one medium lemon.
- Grain must first germinate, then dry it in the oven or in a frying pan. Roasting, by the way, will give the beer an interesting taste and rich tint. Then the raw materials should be crushed in any way.
- Combine ground raw materials with chicory, pour all the third part of the available water and bring to a boil.
- Pour in the remaining water, add hops, sugar, lemon zest to the liquid. All together, boil for about fifteen minutes.
- Turn off the fire, leave the drink for a few hours, then strain, bottle, and clean in a cool place.
Since the fermentation using this method, in fact, is absent, the beer will be very light and fresh.
If you prefer unusual drinks, then try making spicy honey beer at home. This requires:
- two glasses of honey;
- three glasses of malt (it is best to use rye);
- 10 g brewer's yeast;
- 10 liters of water;
- st. l. sugar sand.
- Grain should be soaked in warm water so that it begins to germinate. Then grind it and combine with hop, which can also be crushed, so that it quickly gives all the substances. Raw materials are best placed in a gauze or cloth bag. Mix the yeast with sugar, pour in a small amount of warm water.
- In a container, pour water, bring it to a boil. Immerse in boiling water a bag of hops and malt, keep the container on the fire for about twenty minutes. Next, add honey.
- Remove the tank from the stove, allow its contents to cool to about 25 degrees. Now you can add activated yeast. Pour the drink on separate bottles or jars, leave them for five days at a temperature of 23-24 degrees.
- Next, send the beer in the fridge and start drinking cool.
This beer will be very delicious due to the addition of honey, which will give a sweetish flavor and a unique flavor.
Finally, some useful tips to help brew delicious and high-quality home-made beer:
- It is important to use quality water, as it affects the final taste of the drink. It should be fresh and soft, so it is best to dig boiled or filtered. An artesian or well well will do, but only if you are sure of its quality.
- If yeast is indicated in the list of ingredients, then not ordinary bakeries should be used, but specialized beer plants: they will ensure the correct course of the fermentation process and will give the drink a characteristic taste.
- Also important is the dishes used for cooking and storage. It is best to brew beer in an enameled container without chipping or stainless steel. Aluminum can react with the ingredients and adversely affect the taste.It is best to insist on a drink in glass containers with darkened walls, and its volume should be greater than the volume of the raw materials, since fermentation requires free space. Store the finished beer preferably in hermetically sealed cans or bottles made of glass.
- Malt is a must-have ingredient that you can cook yourself. To do this, sprout any grain (oats, wheat, barley, rye): Put it in a flat container and fill it with water, removing it in a warm place. After a few days, sprouts appear, and after that the raw materials need to be dried and then crushed, for example, grind in a coffee grinder or in a blender.
- It is important to create and maintain optimal temperature conditions. Ideal - the temperature is slightly below room temperature, namely 18-21 degrees. At higher rates, fermentation is excessively intense, which may give the beverage an acidic, unpleasant aftertaste.
- In the process of cooking should provide full access of oxygen, as it contributes to the fermentation and carbonation of the drink. And for this you need raw materials constantly and actively stir, pour the components from a considerable height.
- During fermentation and after it, contact with oxygen can damage, so do not move it, interfere, open it. The only thing that can be done is to remove the formed foam, which can later become the basis for yeast.
- If the recipe indicates significant amounts of components, reduce them by adhering to the specified proportions.
- Ready-made and hermetically packed home brews can be stored for six months (strong - longer), and it is best to keep it in the cold. After opening the container, the drink should be consumed within two to three days.
Tasty beer, if desired, you can cook with your own hands, and it will turn out much tastier than the store!
Things that make it difficult to lose weight
How to choose a great hair spray
My first attempt to make a scarf using a crazy woo
Cloak - a fashionable thing for an autumn wardrobe
The second life of old sheets and pillowcases