Secrets of cooking classic dishes kharcho
If you are close to the dishes of Georgian cuisine, then you probably want to find out all the secrets of cooking the famous kharcho dishes practically in the whole world. And how to cook it correctly?
What is this dish?
Kharcho is a traditional Georgian dish, which is a thick and rich soup. Indigenous Georgians have always cooked and still cooked kharcho exclusively from beef. Also added to the soup rice.
The basis is not tomatoes, as many believe (there are not so many of them in Georgia, but they didn’t exist at all before), but dried plums of Tkemali variety (cherry plum) or Tklapi (this is sun-dried mashed plums tkemali or cornel). Local spices are also added to the dish (the most famous seasoning is hops-suneli) and a lot of garlic.
In addition, walnuts are often used, which were always abundant in the home of the dish. In the end, the soup turns out very rich, thick and spicy.Often, when specifying a recipe, they pay attention to the locality of Georgia in which it appeared, since the recipes are numerous, and each hostess has its own tricks.
It is not so easy to get dried plums of a certain sort, therefore you can use tkemali sauce, tomato paste, tomatoes, fresh cherry plum, pomegranate juice as an acid base.
How to cook?
How to make real Kharcho at home? We offer several options.
The recipe is the first
Prepare a real classic Kharcho according to the rules of Georgian cuisine. To do this you need the following ingredients:
- 500 grams of beef (best to use brisket);
- 3 fairly large or 4 medium sized bulbs;
- 2.5-3 liters of water;
- half a cup of rice (it is advisable to use round grain);
- 100 grams of pomegranate juice or 2-3 tablespoons of tkemali sauce;
- about 100 grams of peeled walnuts;
- 5 cloves of garlic;
- two teaspoons of hop-suneli seasoning;
- 1 tablespoon flour;
- 2 or 3 tablespoons of cooking oil for frying;
- about 10 black peppercorns;
- a third of a teaspoon of hot red pepper;
- several bunches of parsley;
- half a tablespoon of celery greens or basil;
- a tablespoon of cilantro seeds;
- two or three bay leaves;
- a pinch of saffron.
- Meat should be well washed and cut into pieces of medium size (about 3x3 centimeters). Put a pot of water on the fire and immerse the beef in it. It will cook about 1.5-2 hours until soft.
- While the meat is boiled, you can peel and finely chop the onion and fry it with flour in vegetable oil until barely noticeable golden brown.
- When the beef is fully cooked, remove it and place in a bowl. Strain the broth with cloth or folded gauze several times, then re-pour into a saucepan and put on fire.
- Rinse the rice well (ideally, the water after rinsing should be completely clear). When the soup boils, pour rice into it and put the meat removed earlier.
- Finely chop the parsley with a knife, mash the peppercorns slightly. Walnuts need to chop finely. When rice with broth will be cooked for about 5 minutes, add parsley, cilantro, pepper and bay leaf. After about five minutes, lay out and walnuts.
- After five minutes, add pomegranate juice or tkemali sauce, as well as red pepper, saffron and hops-suneli.
- Salt the soup, cook for about 5 minutes, then turn off the heat and add all remaining ingredients: finely chopped or chopped with garlic crusher garlic, cilantro, as well as greens of basil or celery.
- Cover the pan with a lid and leave to infuse for 5-10 minutes.
You can cook chicken with a simpler recipe. Here is what you need for this:
- 500 grams of chicken fillet;
- 1-2 onions;
- 2 tomatoes;
- 100 grams of rice;
- 2-3 tablespoons of Adzhika;
- 5-7 cloves of garlic;
- two or three tablespoons of vegetable oil;
- 1 teaspoon of hop-suneli;
- ½ tsp cilantro;
- ground red pepper and salt to taste.
- First, put the chicken fillet in the pan and cook it until fully cooked (this will take about 1-1.5 hours). Then take out the chicken.
- Wash rice thoroughly and add to boiling broth.
- While the rice is boiling, peel and chop the onion, then fry it in vegetable oil in a pan until transparent or light golden. You can immediately put it in the broth with rice (about 7-10 minutes after boiling the rice).
- Now prepare the tomatoes.Boil them with boiling water to easily peel, then chop finely with a knife or mince. Add the tomatoes to the soup about five minutes after adding the onions.
- After another five minutes you can add adjika and all seasonings.
- Chop or chop the garlic and put it in the soup too, salt the dish. Turn off the heat and cover the pan with a lid.
You can cook rich and fatty lamb kharcho. Here is what you need for this:
- 500-700 grams of mutton (soft and not too wiry parts);
- 2 onions;
- 1 carrot;
- one small head of garlic;
- half a cup of rice;
- 5 ripe tomatoes;
- 3 tablespoons of tech sauce;
- 1 teaspoon of hop-suneli;
- 1 bunch of cilantro;
- 2 teaspoons of coriander seeds;
- a couple of tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- First you need to cook until fully cooked lamb. If the piece is very large, chop it right away. When the lamb becomes quite soft (after about 1.5 hours), remove it and strain the broth.
- Wash the rice and add it to the boiling broth.
- While the rice is being cooked, prepare the grill. Peel and chop the onions, and grate the carrots on a large grater. Fry the vegetables in a pan.
- When the rice is cooked for about 10 minutes, run the fried carrots and onion into the broth.
- Peel tomatoes, pour boiling water over them, and chop them in any convenient way. You can immediately put them in the pan.
- After about ten minutes, place the tkemali sauce and all the seasonings in a saucepan. Immediately salt the dish.
- Chop the garlic and place it in the pan. Now just turn off the heat and tightly cover the pan for 15-20 minutes.
Some tricks of cooking:
- Garlic should in any case be added at the very least, because if you put it earlier, it will simply boil and lose taste and aroma.
- You can use your other favorite spices, they will make the dish even more spicy and unique. But the main seasonings must be present anyway.
- Do not serve kharcho immediately, he must certainly insist that there is a piquant flavor.
Be sure to prepare a hearty and delicious kharcho!
At first glance, this is an ordinary house, but if you bypass it
What to do if a child swears
Horoscope for the week from February 26 to March 4
What dishes to cook on Maslenitsa
How to decorate the original mug: knitted decoration