Can pregnant women in the sauna?
Usually gynecologists do not recommend their pregnant patients to visit the sauna or bath. However, with good health and pregnancy, to sit in a steam room for a small amount of time is not prohibited. Bath procedures activate metabolism, as well as relieve headaches and muscle pain. In addition, it is believed that if you visit the sauna during pregnancy, the process of giving birth to a child will be less painful, and lactation will also increase.
Can pregnant women go to the sauna
To begin with, it is worth noting that it is better to discuss a trip to the steam room with your doctor. This is due to the individual characteristics of the body and the duration of pregnancy. At its discretion, the gynecologist may designate a referral for testing.
Contraindications for visiting the sauna during pregnancy are:
- low placentation;
- skin rash;
- diseases of the genital tract;
- low pressure;
- inflammatory diseases;
- heart diseases;
- increased body temperature;
- reducing the amount of amniotic fluid;
- small gestational age (up to three months);
- end of pregnancy.
It is forbidden to visit the sauna and bath in the first and third trimester of pregnancy, as in the first case, you can provoke a miscarriage, and in the second - there is a chance of premature birth.
Therefore, in the middle of pregnancy, as well as in the absence of pathologies, it is not prohibited to visit the steam room. However, you should not go to the sauna alone. In order to avoid negative consequences it is worth taking along a loved one or girlfriend. This is due to the fact that under the influence of high temperatures can happen fainting.
Rules for visiting the sauna
- Stay in the steam room for no more than fifteen minutes (while keeping an eye on your well-being);
- Use a personal towel and sheets (if possible, treat the room with a disinfectant);
- To avoid falling, choose rubber shoes with ribbed soles;
- Cover your head with a hat for a bath;
- Alternate the steam room and water treatments (the pool should be lowered after cooling the body);
- During the session, drink herbal tea or pure water without gas.
Technology of brewing samogon from birch sap
Basic principles of the curd diet
Homemade hot dogs with minced meat
How to germinate seeds for seedlings in 24 hours
Signs during pregnancy