5 Ways To Wear Ankle Boots & Skinny Jeans | Fashion Over 40
How to Wear Ankle Boots
Ankle boots are a wardrobe mainstay and in many regions are currently an extremely popular fashion trend. And no wonder, as they are versatile, comfortable, and appropriate to any girl or woman. The tricky part is making sure your ankle boot works for your outfit. Check out some of the outfit suggestions below to compile the look you want to create with ankle boots.
Putting Together an Everyday Look
For casual, everyday use, choose flat ankle boots or with a small heel.These tend to be more comfortable for work, study, or play, and project a daytime look. Since this may well be your "go to" shoe, you may want to consider a neutral colored shoe, such as brown or black so it will match nearly everything.
- Lace-up ankle boots often have an edgier look that makes your outfit even more casual and is perfect for the classroom.
- Choose a small heel if you head to an office everyday for a more professional feel.
Skinny jeans are barely cuffed (not enough to change the length) and then worn with the ankle boots.
- Boot cut and flared jeans go outside of the ankle boots.
- You can also pair your ankle boots with short jeans that end just above the top of the boot as long as they are tight.
- Generally, do not pair ankle boots with capri pants, The distance between the top of the boots and the bottom of the pants tends to look awkward. Full-length skinny pants make your legs look longer, while capris can shorten you.
Pair with a tee of your choice.T-shirts are an easy way to create a casual outfit: a plain or patterned T-shirt, long or short sleeved, the choices are endless.
Accessorize with fun jewelry of your choice.You can also add a saggy beanie or a scarf if it is cold outside. Be adventurous in your accessory choices for an everyday look. These are the pieces that will set you apart!
Creating a Date Night Look
Pick out a pair of sexy, stiletto ankle boots.Black suede tends to be a good material to choose when picking out a boot with a high-heel but not a good choice in wet weather.
- Stilettos elongate your legs and make you look taller. They also very sexy. However, they are more difficult to dance or walk in without practice.
- If you're uncomfortable wearing stilettos or you're going on a date with a shorter person, consider boots with a smaller heel or wear flat boots.
- For a formal "date night" look, go with a glossy, polished-looking boot.
Show off some leg with a short, fitted dress.For a wintertime date, you can go all black or choose bold colors like red and royal blue for your dress. If the weather is warmer, choose lighter pastel colors and opt for a patterned dress that matches the climate you're in.
- You can also opt to wear jeans or leggings, just make sure that the wash is dark and the pants fit tightly.
Choose a silky blouse if you opt for pants.You can tuck in a pretty blouse to your fitted jeans and add a skinny belt or simply leave your blouse untucked. Choose a style that is flattering to your body type.
- Long-sleeved blouses with a front bow create a very sophisticated look.
- Tank top V-neck blouses can be very sexy and look fabulous under a casual blazer for a fancy date.
Finish off your look with sparkly jewelry.Make sure you shine on your date by adding some sparkle to your wardrobe. Incorporate dangly earrings and jewel-encrusted bangles to catch your date's eye.
Creating a Summer Look
Choose casual flat ankle boots.Worn leather ankle boots with a cute embellishment such as a buckle or front laces work especially well for summertime. Avoid suede, as this material tends to be reserved for the colder months.
Wear a summer dress that rests above your calves.Make sure that some of your legs are exposed as ankle boots look odd if they are poking out beneath a long skirt or dress.
- Paisley or flower-patterned dresses with lace embellishments pair beautifully with a pair of casual ankle booties.
- Skirts or jean shorts can also be paired with ankle boots. Pair with a colorful and/or lace blouse.
Wear a pair of tights or leggings.These can create a nighttime look, allow you to wear skirts more comfortably in colder weather, or perhaps create a cute and modest appearance, depending on the overall appearance. You can add tights to your outfit whether you choose to wear a skirt, a dress, or a pair of jean shorts.
Add fun accessories.A leather belt that matches your boots can be a cute way to accent your footwear. You can also add simple embellishments like pearl earrings, a pearl necklace, or a lace headband to personalize your look.
Updating a Vintage Look
Find a pair of suede or leather ankle boots with tassels.Often ankle boots have zippers on the sides that can have tassels attached to them. You can also choose ankle boots with a fringe that runs along the top opening of the boot.
Sport a high-waisted bottom of some sort.This can either be shorts, a skirt, or pants, as long as your bottom piece is high-waisted and fastens above your navel.
- If you choose pants, make sure that they fit tightly.
- Choose a paisley patterned bottom for an extra vintage feel.
Pair with a tank top or any style blouse and tuck it in.If you choose a pattern for your bottom piece, choose a solid for your top piece. If it is cold outside, put a jean jacket over your shirt, as long as you are not wearing denim pants.
Add a belt around your waist where your shirt and bottom piece meet.Doing so will cause your waist to appear smaller.
Finish off with a pair of wayfarer sunglasses.You may also want to add a headband or ribbon of some sort.
QuestionDo you wear socks with ankle boots?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerYes, just wear some low socks.Thanks!
QuestionHow should I style with my Chelsea boots in the winter?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerThey look great with tights and a skirt/dress, or with skinny jeans.Thanks!
QuestionIs a wedge heel boot appropriate for an evening date?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerYes. That's a great shoe for a date.Thanks!
QuestionDo long socks look good with ankle boots?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerThey could, depending on what else you match with that look.Thanks!
For a great everyday outfit, pair ankle boots with a pair of skinny jeans cuffed just above the top of the boot. If you’re wearing boot cut jeans, be sure to keep the jeans on the outside instead of tucking them in. In cold weather, you can wear ankle boots with a pair of leggings and a cute tunic on top. For a more dressed up look, try finding an ankle boot with a higher heel to go with a short skirt or fitted dress.
- Don't wear flowing, calf-length skirts with ankle boots. The combination of the long skirt and ankle boots will make your legs appear short and stubby.
- Avoid wearing ankle boots with slouchy jeans. You can't tuck the jeans into the boots and your pants will just look loose and sloppy.
- The looser the boot is at the top, the longer and leaner your legs will look.
- You can also cuff your skinny jeans at the top of your ankle boots for a casual feel.
- Consider incorporating at least one colored or patterned accent piece into your outfit. Too many solid pieces can end up feeling plain and dull.
Sources and Citations
Upload a picture for other readers to see.
In other languages:
Español: , Deutsch: , 中文: , Français: , Italiano: , Português: , Русский: , Bahasa Indonesia: , Nederlands:
Video: how to style ANKLE BOOTS! WHAT TO WEAR with booties this fall!
How to Write an Attorney Bio
How to get rid of armpit underarm fat flab Foods to avoid and consider
10 First Cars That Were The Absolute Best
You Can Now Buy a Gigi Hadid Barbie Doll
Stop Holding the Handrails on the Treadmill
Healthy Recipes With Whole Grains
Psoriasis Impacts People of All Skin Colors
Mario Batali Has Been Officially Fired From The Chew
Your Health at 25, 35, 45
5 Best Dining Chairs For The Bachelor Pad