How to pickle tomatoes?
Fresh, juicy tomatoes in the winter is not so easy to find. Most often, they are already tasteless and watery. And how you want in the cold winter to flavor the fresh cuisine with something spicy and fragrant, to add refinement. In these cases, always save homework. Today we will talk about how to pickle tomatoes for the winter.
How to pickle tomatoes: you need to know
- Dense tomatoes are selected for pickling without any damage.
- To pickle tomatoes of any ripeness are suitable, the main thing is to sort tomatoes by maturity and size and salt them separately.
- Red tomatoes are better salted in banks, green and brown suitable for barrel pickling. In a barrel, red tomatoes can crumple and turn into porridge. How to pickle tomatoes in jars, including green ones, will be discussed below.
- Like other vegetables, tomatoes are carefully washed before salting. Further in the recipes we will not mention this.
- During pickling, tomatoes are poured with hot marinade, as a result of which there is a chance that tomatoes burst, and this is not very good, even from an aesthetic point of view.So usually before laying in jars, tomatoes are punctured with a fork in the area of the stem or are cut with a knife.
- If you want to learn how to pickle tomatoes tasty, pay attention to the spices, which are most well combined with tomatoes. These are: garlic, horseradish, bay leaf, celery, red pepper, tarragon, black peas and dill.
Salted tomatoes without twist
For one three-liter jar you will need:
- tomatoes (about 2 kg);
- garlic (3 tooth.);
- bay leaf (3 pieces);
- leaves of cherry and black currant (2-3);
- horseradish (you can leaves);
- black pepper (10 things);
- salt (about 90 grams);
- water (about one liter).
- Fill the jar with tomatoes to the top, leaving a little free space on top. In the process of laying you can add garlic and horseradish leaves, torn by hand.
- Cook the pickle. We put water on the fire, we put peppercorns on boiling water, all the remaining leaves and salt. Slightly leave, remove from heat and cool.
- Pour the tomatoes with brine and close with an ordinary capron lid. Clean in a cool place, where we store.
How to pickle green tomatoes
For this unusual recipe will need:
- green tomatoes (interestingly it turns out when they are small) two kilograms;
- salt two tablespoons;
- three to five leaves of currant and the same number of leaves of cherry;
- vinegar one tablespoon;
- Dill umbrellas - two things;
- horseradish root about 20 grams;
- peas - 10 stuff;
- one liter of water.
- Place the punctured tomatoes in a jar so that they sit tight. Shift each layer with spices.
- Prepare the brine from water, vinegar and salt. Bring to a boil and carefully pour into the jar.
- Roll the lid, then gently turn the jar over and put it lid down on a towel or blanket. Top also wrap the jars with a blanket.
- After cooling, you can send banks to their place of storage. At room temperature can also be stored.
Garlic Tomatoes With Sweet Peppers
Further, we will not describe all the technology of cooking, in general, it is the same. Cooking tomatoes in jars as in previous recipes, also preparing pickle. We write only the proportions for the preparation of these savory tomatoes with pepper.
10 grams of tomatoes are 250 grams of sweet peppers and 15 grams of hot peppers; 150 grams of greens (dill); about 30 grams of garlic. For brine a pound of salt per 8 liters of water.
An unusual recipe for tomatoes will appreciate the true gourmets. Exquisite, delicate aroma and flavor of cinnamon will add a special zest to the tomatoes.
So, for 10 kilograms of tomatoes, we need 5 grams of bay leaf and about 1.5 teaspoons of cinnamon. If you do not want to use powder, take 3 grams of cinnamon stick.
Books that you can give a man on February 23
How to restore burned hair
What to feed chickens
Recipes for homemade canned fish
Examples of the use of white brick in the interior
How to make a pyramid of paper
Fashionable clothes are great for a gift