How to disable Windows update?
Nowadays, the Windows operating system is the most popular around the world. Unfortunately, despite the popularity and versatility, it is often found in a variety of errors or "holes" that lead to vulnerability. To eliminate such "holes", errors and minor flaws, Microsoft created the Windows Automatic Update service. With the help of automatic updates, Windows becomes more stable, secure and reliable. That is why it is not recommended to disable this feature. Of course, there are different cases, and if you have, for example, a slow or limited Internet, downloading a lot of megabit updates seems insane. This article was written for people who want to learn how to disable Windows update.
First, let's look at how to disable the Windows XP update:
- Go to the "Start" menu and go to the "Control Panel".
- Find the item “Automatic update” in the “Control Panel”.
- You will see a window with settings. In it, select the “Disable automatic update” item and press the “OK” confirmation key. In the same window, you can configure the update on a schedule or install only information about available updates.
We now turn to how to disable Windows 7 update:
- The first item is similar to the same item in Windows XP - open the “Start” menu and then go to the “Control Panel”.
- Next in the "Control Panel" you should find the item "Windows Update". If you cannot find this section in your home, then try repeating the search after changing the appearance of the icons. This action can be performed using the View list, which is located in the upper right corner.
- In the "Windows Update" find in the left side of the link "Settings" and click on it.
- In the "Important updates" list, select "Do not check for updates (not recommended)." To completely disable the update, you can remove all the checkboxes next to the settings that are responsible for additional updates, as well as other users of the computer to install updates.
It remains only to press the "OK" button and the configuration of your Windows is completed.
Can I do laundry with my own hands
Why does not the tablet turn on
Tip 3: How to cook broccoli and cauliflower gratin
Making an hourglass from jars
Stylish and versatile ladies watch
How to choose a laminate coating