How to cook healthy energy bars?
If you are an active lifestyle or go in for sports, you probably know how important it is at times to have a snack and recharge your energy. The ideal snack is an energy bar. And what is it? And is it possible to cook it at home?
What it is?
Energy bars today can be found not only in sports nutrition stores, but also in some supermarkets. And what is it? This bar is a tile, similar to a chocolate bar and consists of ingredients that allow you to get a charge of vivacity.
All bars can be divided into several groups:
- Carbohydrate. Carbohydrates are the main source of energy, so they must be present in the diet.
- Protein (protein). Protein is essential for the normal functioning of the muscles during their active work (for example, during training).
- Vitamin A. Vitamins in sports and maintaining an active lifestyle are also needed.
- Combined.They can contain both carbohydrates, and vitamins and proteins. Such a bar will not only give energy, but also ensure the normal functioning of the muscles and improve health.
What exactly to choose? It all depends on your goals. For intense workouts, protein bars will be optimal, for energy - carbohydrate, for improving vitality - vitamin or combined.
As it is?
How to use energy bars? Here are some helpful tips:
- Carbohydrate bars are best eaten before exercise in order to get a boost of energy and exercise more efficiently. Eat one tile half an hour before class and you will feel a surge of strength.
- During training, muscles actively work, and after classes they must recover. It's time to eat a protein bar that will replenish protein reserves and nourish muscle tissue.
- Combined bars can be eaten sutra or in the morning instead of snack.
Do not abuse, because the calorie bars is very high. One or two a day is enough. In addition, do not eat such bars for the night, calories and carbohydrates will not have time to burn, and everything will go "in reserve."
Can I cook at home?
How to cook energy bars at home? Make it a snap! Below about everything in more detail.
What ingredients can be included?
This is what bars can be made of:
- Cereals. This option is ideal, because useful cereals are solid carbohydrates. But it is worth noting that these carbohydrates are correct, that is, they are consumed slowly, and do not split off on the abdomen, thighs and other problem areas in the form of extra kilograms.
- Nuts are a source of protein and essential fatty acids. A handful of nuts will not hurt anyone.
- Fruits and berries. It is not only tasty, but also useful. They contain vitamins, fiber, minerals, various macro-and micronutrients.
- Dried fruits. A handful of dried fruits will help saturate and replenish energy reserves.
- Chocolate or cocoa. There is an invigorating caffeine, as well as carbohydrates.
- Honey is an excellent vitamin product that will give the bar a pleasant taste.
We offer several recipes for energy bars.
The recipe is the first
You will need:
- 200 grams of prunes;
- 200 grams of dried apricots;
- 100 grams of dried cranberries;
- 100 grams of roasted peanuts;
- 100 grams of walnuts;
- 50 grams of sesame;
- 50 grams of flax seed.
- Dried fruits and dried cranberries, pour warm water for 10-20 minutes to soften everything. Then immerse it all in a meat grinder or blender and grind to a state of homogeneous mass.
- Smash peanuts and walnuts with your hands or cut with a knife into small pieces (you can also use a blender for grinding).
- Mix a lot of dried fruit with nuts.
- Form sausages, roll them in flax seeds and sesame, wrap in foil or parchment and put in the refrigerator for several hours.
The set of ingredients is as follows:
- 100 grams of hazelnut;
- 100 grams of almond;
- 50 grams of coconut chips;
- 100 grams of sunflower seeds;
- 100 grams of dried pineapples;
- 400 grams of oatmeal;
- 100 grams of honey;
- 50 grams of butter.
- First, pour oatmeal, coconut, almonds, seeds and hazelnuts into a frying pan. Fry everything without adding oil for about 5-10 minutes.
- Cut the pineapples into slices, add to the other ingredients.
- In a water bath, melt butter, add honey, mix everything until smooth.
- Combine honey and butter with the rest of the ingredients, mix everything thoroughly.
- Cover the bottom of the pan with baking paper, lay out the mass.
- Remove the pan for 3-4 hours in the fridge.
- Self-made energy bars are ready!
Here's what you need:
- 100 grams of dried cherries;
- 1 cup of muesli;
- 100 grams of dates;
- 50 grams of pumpkin seeds;
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder;
- 3 tablespoons of cane sugar;
- 50 grams of honey;
- 50 grams of butter.
- Fry pumpkin seeds and muesli in a pan until golden brown (do not overdo it!). Oil need not be added.
- Cut the cherry and dates into small pieces.
- Now cook the syrup-fill. Melt butter in the water bath. Add sugar and wait until it is completely melted. Then remove the container from the water bath, add honey and cocoa, mix everything.
- Mix the seeds and nuts with dates and cherries, pour syrup. Mix everything thoroughly.
- Take a plastic container, cover it with foil, lay in an even layer the resulting mass.
- Store the container in the refrigerator for several hours.
- Enjoy energy bars!
Prepare tasty and healthy energy bars and energize yourself and your relatives.
Crafts for the New 2017 year by stage with their own hands from paper and scrap materials in kindergarten and school. The most interesting workshops in blogs
Books that you can give a man on February 23
Want to celebrate the New Year? Go to Italy
Secrets of cooking Czech dumplings
6 Popular gardening tricks that DO NOT work