How to cook fruit and berries compote for the winter
Compote is a drink, the main ingredients of which are berries, fruits, water and sugar. The technology of its preparation differs, depending on the type of fruit used. For example, soft berries and fruits can lose their shape if they do not comply with the heat treatment time, and berries that contain bones are pre-prepared. If they are not removed, the shelf life of the compote closed for the winter will be significantly reduced.
Knowing the recipes of the preparation, observing the recommendations regarding the used dishes, the processing of fruits and the time of thermal exposure, the drink will turn out to be useful and tasty.
Preparation for cooking
If the compote is supposed to be drunk for 1-2 days, it is enough to perform 3 actions: choose dishes, rinse berries, remove bones. In the case of harvesting for the winter - not to be avoided. Compotes belong to canned food, which can develop dangerous microorganisms, so all the dishes should be carefully processed, preferably baking soda and boiling water, and the banks are washed and sterilized.You can handle the container separately (steamed, in the microwave), or with liquid. Banks after sterilization should cool down a little to avoid damage when in contact with the syrup.
The number of berries and fruits per jar can be determined at will. But in order that the containers do not take up too much space, it is better to prepare more concentrated drinks for the winter. The jar can be almost completely filled with fruits. When choosing a cooking technology, the following points should be considered:
- estimated shelf life;
- availability of suitable sized pots;
- kind of berries used, fruit.
If there is no large pot in which all the banks fit, you will have to use the traditional experience of closing the compote for the winter at home. Its stages:
- Unfolding berries and fruits in clean containers.
- Filling with boiling water.
- Infusion of still unclosed compote during the night (just put the lid on the neck).
- Drain the liquid from the cans into a common saucepan and then heat it.
- Bring to a boil, add spices, sugar.
- Repeated pouring of fruits and berries with syrup.
- Rolling caps.
Cooling should occur slowly, so the banks should be wrapped with dense and warm cloth.
One of the ingredients is sugar, which greatly increases the overall calorie content. By themselves, low-calorie fruit infusions of dried fruit, not more than 25 kcal per 100 grams. The energy value per 100 grams of the following types of compote prepared strictly according to the recipe (meaning the specified amount of sugar) is:
- orange - 57.2 kcal;
- apricots - 48.4 kcal;
- from quince - 72.4 kcal;
- from apples and plums - 66.6 kcal.
Compote from tangerines or oranges
The special freshness is different drinks made from citrus.
- 1 kg of mandarins;
- 100-150 g of sugar;
- 1 liter of water.
- Peeled peels and albedo (white thin layer) mandarin slices should be dipped in a boiling syrup and wait for the moment when the liquid boils again.
- Keep time and hold on fire for 15 minutes.
- Ready to pour the drink on the banks, roll up and wrap.
- You can add not only the pulp, but also the peel, having previously weathered in boiling water to remove bitterness.
How to weld the rosehip compote
Immunomodulatory effects exerted by dogrose infusion, turns the compote from this fruit into a drug. It can be drunk by almost all people.However, still do not recommend it to some patients, every day and a few glasses at a time.
- 500 ml of water;
- 10 berries.
- The cooking time is 5-7 minutes. If the liquid will boil longer, there will be practically no nutrients left.
- When cooking rosemary compote, sugar can be added.
Cook compote of red or black currant
Ingredients (3-liter jar):
- 250 g of red currant;
- 250 g of black currant;
- 300 grams of sugar.
- If you use fresh berries for harvesting, you can close by traditional methods.
- If the compote is supposed to be used in the beginning of winter, the cooking technology can be simplified. To do this, it is enough to boil the berries for 5 minutes, pour into cans and roll.
- For longer storage and reliable preservation, after boiling, put the jars in a pot of water, the liquid level should reach the hanger, and boil for some time. For 3-liter cans 20 minutes are enough, for liters - 10 minutes.
- After get, roll covers and wrap a warm scarf to cool completely.
An interesting and original compote recipe for winter
Slightly sour and elegant in color compote is obtained from cranberries. The drink perfectly removes thirst and energizes.
- sugar - 200 g;
- cranberries - 200 g;
- water - 2 l;
- citric acid - a third of c. l.
- When adding acid sterilization of the workpiece is not required.
- Berries for compote should not be crumpled and shriveled, they should be carefully picked and rinsed out.
- The way of preparation is chosen at will.
The benefits and harms of compote
Heat treatment of berries, fruits and fruits leads to the fact that the use of compote becomes doubtful. However, this does not mean that you should not drink it. On the contrary, the use significantly affects the mood of a person. The explanation is simple - compote contains sugars that increase the level of the hormone of happiness.
Much more of a compote of harmful properties. Drink is contraindicated:
- People suffering from obesity.
- Those who have increased gas production.
- During the diet.
- With exacerbations of gastrointestinal diseases.
- In case of individual intolerance to any ingredient in the composition.
- In violation of the chair.
Useful tips and interesting information
Despite the fact that to prepare a lot of knowledge is not required, useful information will not be superfluous.
- Strong boiling of the beverage during the cooking process is undesirable.
- As a sweetener, you can use sucrose, fructose and honey.
- Honey, so that useful substances remain in it, should be added at the end of the process.
- For a more intense taste, syrup before adding fruits and berries can be slightly salted (pinch enough).
- If you add a couple drops of lemon juice, the color of the drink will become brighter.
- Compote, when using soft fruits and berries, should be cooked for no longer than 7 minutes, and solid, such as apples and pears, 15 minutes.
There are not so many useful substances in the drink in question, but there is still a sense in canning stewed fruit for the winter: pleasant taste, ease of preparation, “beneficial use of excess berries or fruits.”
Children and adults congratulations on Teacher'
Pantone named the 10 main colors of the season autumn-winter 20182019
What stone can be worn on the index finger
Where to get neodymium magnets for free
11 fashionable hairstyles and styling spring 2018