How to cook an unusual velyute?
French gourmet sauces deserve special attention, because they conquer gourmets around the world. If you are one of the last or you just like tasty dishes, then discover the velut sauce.
What is this sauce?
Veloute or Veloute sauce is one of the four main and traditional sauces of French cuisine. His other names are white sauce or parisien. The recipe is based on a light broth, as well as a flour fried in butter or fat (this is the basis of another equally popular sauce, bechamel).
The broth can be chicken, veal or even fish, and the particular ingredient used determines the final name of the sauce (for example, fish oil, veal). As for ru, instead of butter, you can use fat, but still oil is more familiar to the French.
How to cook?
How to make velute sauce? Below are considered three options.
This is a simple classic recipe, using only three ingredients:
- 150 grams of butter;
- 80-100 g of wheat flour;
- liter of veal, chicken or fish broth.
- In a frying pan, warm the butter well. On low heat, fry the flour, stirring it constantly.
- As soon as the flour gets a light beige tint, turn off the heat.
- Bring the broth to a boil and add to the cooled creamy flour mixture (or pour it into the broth). Thoroughly mix everything, breaking the formed lumps.
- Reduce the heat and simmer the sauce for about an hour, stirring occasionally. It should thicken and get a creamy consistency.
- Strain the velute, preferably with a conical filter.
You can make a more tender Veloute sauce with onions. This will require:
- liter of broth;
- half a glass of flour;
- a small onion head;
- 100 g butter.
- Peel and chop the onions and finely chop or cut into thin semicircles.
- In a frying pan, heat well and bring the oil to a boil, fry the onion on it, but so that it only becomes transparent, and does not acquire a brown color.
- Now put the flour in the pan, immediately stir it and pass, so that it becomes a nice cream color.
- Next, pour boiling or hot broth into the pan, bring the mixture to a boil, do not forget to stir it.
- Simmer over low heat for about an hour, continuing to stir occasionally.
- Strain the sauce, rub through a sieve or grind with a blender.
You can make a fragrant mushroom velute. Here's what you need for this:
- 150 g fresh champignons or porcini mushrooms;
- half onion;
- 100 grams of wheat flour;
- 100 g butter;
- liter of broth (if desired, you can use the mushroom).
- Finely chop the champignons, chop the onion after the preliminary cleaning.
- Heat the oil in a pan, fry the mushrooms and onions on it so that all the ingredients are soft and select the juice.
- Next, add flour, begin to brown it to a beige shade.
- Pour in the broth, mix everything and stir the mixture for an hour.
- To make the sauce uniform, grind and whisk it with a blender.
How to use the sauce?
French velyutee can be used as a separate sauce or as a basis for other sauces. It goes well with dishes from poultry, fish and seafood.Sometimes velute is used to make puree soups (in this case, the list of ingredients may vary), diluting it with cream or milk.
A few tips for the hostess:
- It is important to fry the flour for a short time to maintain a pleasant creamy tint.
- If the sauce has stiffened, then before serving, you can lightly sprinkle it with hot melted butter.
- So that the finished velute is as uniform as possible, it is advisable to sift the flour before cooking.
- The sauce is cooked on low heat, and if you increase it, the flour can burn or form lumps that will change the consistency.
- Butter can be replaced with fat, but it will affect the taste of the finished sauce, so be prepared for it. But vegetable oil does not fit, it does not give the desired light shade.
- Use a thick bottom frying pan to minimize the risks of flour sticking.
- By changing the amount of flour, you can influence the density of the sauce: the more flour, the thicker you will be.
- Optionally, you can add salt to the sauce, as well as seasonings or greens, this will give Veluté a richer taste and a bright aroma. But these additives can be used even at the stage of cooking broth.
- It is desirable to add flour gradually, actively stirring the butter. This minimizes the likelihood of lumps.
- If lumps are still formed, you can wipe through the sieve or whip with a blender.
Enjoy the refinement of French sauce.
Crazy thread: Crazy Wool clothing
Speed up the routine with laughter: the seven best jokes for a chic mood
Salt Dough Home Decoration
Controversial trend: belt bags
What clothes legs look longer