How to make dried fruit compote
The taste of dried fruit compote has been familiar to many since childhood, even today it is served in kindergartens and schools. It is not only sweet, tasty and fragrant, but also a healthy drink. It contains vitamins, can strengthen the immune system, is recommended in the treatment of diseases and during diets. To make a delicious and healthy compote of dried fruit, you need to know how to cook it properly.
The composition of dried fruit compote
Cook compote of dried fruits can be from different ingredients. According to the classic recipe, it is made from apples, pears, prunes, dried apricots and raisins. But everyone can independently choose a set of components for compote of dried fruits.
You also need to understand that prunes clog the taste of other products, so it is not recommended to put it in large quantities.
Some are accustomed to add rosehip to the compote of dried fruit to make the drink healthier.
Sometimes the compote recipe includes exotic fruits: dried bananas, dates, pineapples.
The benefits of the drink
Depending on the composition of the compote of dried fruits is of particular value for the human body:
- prunes increases hemoglobin levels, restores digestive function;
- Dried apples and pears have a positive effect on kidney and liver diseases;
- dried apricots are useful for edema, visual impairment, anemia;
- raisins have a positive effect on the central nervous system due to its magnesium content;
- fig improves respiratory function and restores the pancreas.
Consequently, dried fruit compote has many beneficial properties. Depending on what valuable items you need to get, the composition of the drink is selected.
How much to cook compote of dried fruits, so that it does not lose its useful properties? There are several ways to prepare a drink:
- When the compote boils, remove the pan from the heat, cover with a lid, wrap in a plaid and let it brew for about 10 hours.
- Cook compote of dried fruits for half an hour, starting from the moment of boiling (you do not have to insist the drink).
For reference! If sugar is used in the recipe, it is recommended to add it at the end of cooking. The number is selected individually and depends on taste preferences.If you sweeten the drink with honey, it will be even more useful. However, in this case, it is undesirable to drink compote to people who are prone to allergies.
Recipe 1: classic compote with sugar
To cook dried fruit compote according to the classic recipe, you can buy each ingredient separately or buy a special set. The best option is to make blanks yourself, because in this case you can guarantee the quality of the product.
To make a compote of dried fruit according to the classic recipe, you need to prepare the following ingredients:
- dried apricots - 50 g;
- dried apples - 200 g;
- prunes - 100 g;
- dried pear - 50 g;
- citric acid - 2 g;
- water - 3 l;
- sugar to taste.
Before you start cooking compote, you need to sort out the dried fruits, and then wash them. If they are too dirty, it is recommended to fill them with warm water for a while.
Cook compote of dried fruits should be as follows:
- Pour water into a saucepan, bring to a boil over high heat.
- Put the washed dried pears, apples and other dried fruits in a pot of boiling water. Cook for 30 minutes on low heat.
- Add citric acid and sugar.Let it simmer for another 5 minutes, then remove from heat. Pour into another container or leave to cool in a saucepan.
This step-by-step recipe for making dried fruit compote is used in the children's menu.
Recipe 2: Sugar Free Fruit Compote
Despite the fact that in kindergartens and schools they make compote according to the classic recipe, a sugar-free drink will be more beneficial for children. It is especially recommended for people prone to allergic reactions.
The compote for this recipe contains the following ingredients:
- dried apricots - 200 g;
- dried bananas - 200 g;
- Quince - 200 g;
- water - 3 l.
Since there is no sugar in this step-by-step recipe, sweet dried fruits are used.
Before cooking it is necessary to prepare the basic ingredients. To do this, dried apricots need to pour boiling water, soak in it for about 20 minutes, and then rinse thoroughly under running water. The remaining dried fruits simply rinse to get rid of dust.
To make a compote of dried fruit, you need to do the following:
- Pour water into a saucepan, put on high heat and bring to a boil.
- Alternately lay out the dried fruit, turn down the heat and cook compote about 20 minutes.
- When the ingredients increase in size and become soft, the drink is ready.
When the compote is cooled, it can be served.
Recipe 3: Pumpkin Dried Fruit Compote
The presented recipe is quite unusual, since the pumpkin is found in the list of ingredients. At first glance it may seem that this is not an appropriate ingredient for compote. Despite this, his taste gets some "flavor", it becomes sweeter.
The following ingredients will be needed:
- a set of dried fruits to taste (apples, pears, dried apricots and others) - 200 g;
- dried rosehip - 50 g;
- pumpkin - 1 pc .;
- cinnamon - 1 stick;
- water - 1.5 l;
- sugar to taste.
Through the use of pumpkin, the taste of compote is even more saturated. And by adding rosehip, the drink becomes healthier.
Before cooking, dried fruits should be soaked in boiling water for a few minutes.
The process of making dried fruit compote is as follows:
- Pumpkin pulp should be crushed in the form of small cubes.
- Pour water into a saucepan and put on high heat, bring to a boil.
- Add the dogrose, boil over medium heat for about 15 minutes. Then pour the pumpkin and dried fruits, as well as cinnamon. Drink need to boil for about 20 minutes.
- 5 minutes before the end of cooking, add sugar.
When the compote is ready, remove it from the plate and leave for a while, so that it is infused and cooled. Through the use of cinnamon, the drink acquires a particularly pleasant aroma and unusual taste.
Recipe 4: compote of dried fruits with raisins
In some recipes used for making compote of dried fruits, besides traditional apples and pears you can see raisins. Why not include it in the list of basic ingredients, if it does not spoil the taste of the drink, but rather, on the contrary, makes it more pleasant?
The list of ingredients necessary for the preparation of dried fruit compote according to this recipe:
- dried apples - 100 g;
- dried pears - 100 g;
- apricot - 50 g;
- prunes - 100 g;
- raisins - pinch;
- water - 3 l.
The proportions can be changed, depending on taste preferences.
On a note! Sugar in this case can not be used because the drink "take" the sweetness of the dried fruit.
The process of making compote from dried fruit:
- Wash dried fruits. Pour water into a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- First, put pears, apricots and apples in a saucepan. Cook for 15 minutes.
- Add prunes and raisins. Boil another 20 minutes.
Compote ready. It is enough to cool it at room temperature and can be served at the table.
Recipe 5: compote of dried fruit with honey
Honey is a natural sweetener that contains vitamins and benefits the human body. In the absence of allergies it is quite possible to replace sugar with them. Such a compote will have a pleasant taste and rich aroma.
To make dried fruit compote with honey you will need:
- dried cherries - 20 g;
- dried pears - 40 g;
- dried apples - 20 g;
- dried plums - 40 g;
- honey - 70 g;
- raisins - 20 g;
- water - 1 l.
Preparing such a compote is very simple:
- Rinse the apples and pears in water, then put in a saucepan and pour boiling water over it. Put on the fire and cook for 15 minutes.
- After the specified time, add the remaining ingredients. Boil another 10 minutes.
- A few minutes before the ready compote add honey and mix.
The pot should be covered with a lid and left for half an hour for the drink to infuse.
Recipe 6: dried fruit compote with frozen strawberries
If you add to the main ingredients frozen strawberries, you can get a vitaminized drink that can be used as a means for preventing colds. Children will appreciate this compote.
A compote of dried fruits with frozen strawberries is prepared from such ingredients:
- dried apricots - 100 g;
- raisins - 50 g;
- prunes - 100 g;
- dried apples - 150 g;
- sugar - 100 g;
- lemon - 0.5 fruit;
- frozen strawberries - handful;
- water - 1.5 liters.
Before cooking, it is necessary to pour boiled water over dried fruits and hold them for about 2 minutes. Then they should be thoroughly rinsed under running water.
Then you need to do the following:
- Prepared dried fruits put in a saucepan and add water.
- Add lemon, sliced, pour sugar. There also add frozen strawberries.
- Put the pan on the fire and cook for about half an hour.
After half an hour, remove the compote from the stove and put to cool. It is advisable to drink it chilled.
Video: how to cook a delicious compote of dried fruit
To compote of dried fruits turned out tasty and useful, it is necessary to prepare it in accordance with the recipe, and follow the basic recommendations.Vividly demonstrated every action on the video.
We equip the strategic zone
Butterflies on your shoulder: the transformation of an ordinary T-shirt into a design thing
Master class: crochet head and embroidery headboard
Beautiful one-piece swimsuit crocheted
10 benefits of being a bachelor
How to wash ink from clothes