How to clean the computer keyboard at home
On average, a person spends more than two hours at a computer. It is not surprising, because the networked computer equipment provides endless possibilities in terms of work, leisure and entertainment, so it is so important to know how to clean the computer keyboard.
Some users, in order not to miss interesting events occurring in the game world or in the global network, drink and eat at the computer. As a result, the keyboard, which is used to enter information, in addition to hair, dust and dirt, get crumbs and food debris. All this accumulates on the surface of the device and penetrates inward through the voids between the keys.
If the computer keyboard is not subjected to periodic preventive cleaning, over time the level of contamination reaches a critical point. At the initial stage, this leads to a deterioration of the appearance, the operation of the device deteriorates further, and eventually it fails.
I advise you not to bring the keyboard to such a state and systematically clean it.All the details of this simple procedure will be discussed in this article.
Ways to clean the keyboard without disassembling and removing the keys
You can clean your computer keyboard at home in several ways. To begin, consider options that do not involve disassembly. These methods are ideal for preventive cleaning and maintenance in a normal state.
Important! Before you start, be sure to unplug the device from the computer. Cleaning the keyboard is not de-energized bears potential danger to health and life.
- Napkin and soft brush. The method is suitable if you keep the keyboard clean by conducting frequent and regular cleaning. Using a soft brush, remove dust and debris accumulated between the buttons. To complete the procedure, walk on the surface moistened with alcohol or in a special liquid with a napkin.
- Compressed air. Thanks to this method, dust is easily removed along with crumbs and accumulated dirt from under the buttons. Buy a compressed air tank at a specialist shop. Connect the nozzle, direct the outlet hole to one of the holes on the keyboard and press the cap.Together with the air, particles of dirt are removed outside.
- A vacuum cleaner. Using a vacuum cleaner for cleaning is a good alternative to the previous method. First, activate the mode "blowing" to achieve the effect of the balloon. Then turn on normal mode to collect dirt particles and crumbs stuck between the keys.
Three ways are enough to clean the not very dirty keyboard and restore it to its original appearance. Believe me, the amount of garbage extracted from the hull will surprise you. As a result, get a clean device that, if used properly, will last more than one year.
Step-by-step cleaning of the keyboard from dust with analysis
If you decide to carry out a total cleaning of the keyboard from dust and dirt, you cannot do without disassembly. For the procedure, you will need a small screwdriver, a packet, a little detergent and an old toothbrush. Let's get started
- Disconnect the keyboard from the computer. Before disassembling, be sure to take a picture of the device so that later there will be no difficulty in placing the keys.
- Put the keyboard on the work surface with the keys down, unscrew all the bolts and carefully remove the cover.You will see a film with contact tracks. To remove it, unscrew the bolts on the conductor, through which the film is connected to the board.
- Remove the keys. Using a small screwdriver, pry the corner of the key and slightly raise it. The button is easily detached. Do the same with the other keys.
- Put the disconnected keys into the bag, add some warm water and detergent. Tie the bag and shake well. Drain the soap solution, and rinse the buttons thoroughly and send them for drying.
- Start cleaning the keyboard case. Dip a toothbrush in a soapy solution, then walk on the surface. After cleaning, rinse with water and dry thoroughly.
- Assemble the keyboard. First insert all the buttons according to the photo. Reinstall the elastic contacts, board, and film with conductors. Do not forget to tighten the screws.
- Last, carefully lay the cable and fasten the cap. The keyboard is ready for further use as intended.
With this simple instruction, you can easily carry out a comprehensive cleaning of the keyboard from dust, dirt and other contaminants.
How to clean the keyboard after spilled liquid
A flooded computer keyboard is a problem that many users and gamers face. If carelessly spilled water, coffee, tea or any other liquid on the keyboard, do not hesitate.
- First, unplug the keyboard from the computer to avoid a short circuit.
- Turn the device over to pour out the liquid inside. Remove residual moisture from the surface of the computer module with a cotton swab.
- After the above manipulations, dry the case with a hair dryer, activating the cold air mode.
If a lot of liquid gets into the case, disassemble the device, following the instructions described in the previous part. To remove sticky traces of sugary drinks, use a special detergent and a cotton swab.
If the problem is serious, I advise you to take the device to a service center. Employees of the company will clean, diagnose, check the contacts and, if necessary, replace the failed elements.
For carrying out external preventive cleaning of the keyboard, special skills are not needed. Providing the device with proper care,you extend the service life and save money on repairing or purchasing a replacement.
Basic rules for bottle sterilization
How to cook tomato sauce
What is a thermal break. Advantages and disadvantages of the thermal door
Butterflies from corrugated paper do it yourself
Types of anti-cellulite massage