How to clean river fish from scales and mucus
Searched freshly caught fish from the Kazanka, appetizingly fragrant on the bank of the river, to meet your beloved husband with a "quiet hunt", quickly cook the catch and treat the household - these moments could be even more pleasant if it were not for cleaning the fish from slippery scales. This adds a "spoonful of tar" to the enjoyment of dishes from river fish.
We will not give up positions, and we will try to optimize the objective reality. After all, the dishes, based on fish, are useful and tasty.
The main rule of processing fish: brush from tail to head, with small sharp movements. First we clean the sides, then the abdomen of the carcass.
Preparation for cleaning
- Board for cutting.
- Kitchen, big scissors.
- Paper towels.
- A sharp knife. If you are not a master, take a knife ordinary.
- Scraper for cleaning small scales. This device is purchased at outlets.
- The grater is also useful.
The difficult task is to remove the accumulated debris from the fish. This is grass, grains of sand, mud and other, so we wash the catch in cold water.If running water is great! If you have to wash the fish in the basin, we change the water several times.
The way to get rid of scales and giblets depends on the type of fish. For certain varieties, sharpness is needed when cleaning at home.
Quick and easy cleaning of the most popular river fish
Perch river and marine
First cut the fins with scissors, which can damage the skin of the hands. It is painful and unsafe.
Then dip the carcass into cold water, and brush against the scales with a fork or knife. Obtained grooves, raised scales in some areas. Thus, they will be easier to clean.
The catfish has a smooth skin, and the carcass has no small bones. Removing the mucus covering it is the main task in preparation.
Large salt will come to the aid.
- We drop catfish into salt.
- We leave for a minute.
- We rub the carcass (putting on a rubber glove) with a sponge or a clean rag.
- Knife (blunt side) scrape the skin to a light shade.
- We wash off everything that has wiped off. Then repeat at least once.
- On "summer fishing" salt can be replaced with ash.
Pike perch has a mucous surface, so we also use large salt.
- We get rid of mud and mucus, we rub the carcass.
- Cut the fins with a knife, grabbing some meat.
- To remove scales, we use boiling water. We brush from tail to head, against growth of scales. Well cleans a small scales metal grater. We attach the grater to the stick and, holding the handle, we process the fish.
- Now we remove the giblets. We cut the skin of the pike-tree between the gills and lead the knife down to the tail, while holding the carcass by the gills.
- We pull out all the insides, not forgetting to remove the films. You can not remove the skin from pike perch.
Lin has a small, dense scales and slime. First, wash away the mucus, then dip it into boiling water and drastically transfer it into cold water. We proceed to cleanse the scales and entrails.
Carp is the cleanest fish. We wash it in water, clean the scales with a knife. Gutted.
The carpenter can be easily cleaned with a special device (buy in the store or treat with a grater). Keep fish in the water if you do not want to collect flakes scattered around the house.
Cleaned, washed with cold water. It's time to learn about a particular feature when cleaning the insides.
Be sure to cut the gill plates out of your head. From the half-finished product (the head of carp land) you can boil your ear or fry.
Carp has large and dense scales, it is better to clean it in a basin with cold water, advancing against the growth of scales. Places that are difficult to access for processing can be doused with boiling water. Then the scales will soften and it will become easier to move away.
- For processing all types of fish it is desirable to have a special cutting board. To fish odor is not absorbed into the canvas, put on a polyethylene bag or lay the paper.
- Processing should be done as soon as possible after catch (or acquisition). Fish giblets pull out the same day.
- If the fish is dry, soak it for a few minutes in cool water. Then proceed to processing.
- Thoroughly flush the fish after treatment. This will allow you to notice the flaws of cleaning - not a small-scale scaly puff left in places, a foil inside the abdomen.
- When the fish is intended for smoking and podvylivaniya, scales are better left.
- The fish gives the aroma of river tain? Soak after cleaning for an hour in salted water, the problem will disappear.
- You can use the freezer. Place the carcass for a day. Get it out, wait for the moment when the scales recede, and inside the pulp is still frozen. You can clean it, scales will go away beautifully.
Now it's time to look in your records for recipes for fish dishes. Now you can cope with any "river guest", caught in the net or on the hook, and then directly to the kitchen.
Home-made condensed milk
Quiz: Guess the greatest moments of the story from the photos
How to clean a jacket with folk remedies from dirt and greasiness
Kim Kardashian undressed for feminism
Italian Easter Panettone Cupcake (quick recipe)
5 variants of smoothies that you should definitely try
3 main autumn superfood recipes, how to cook them