Canceling My La Fitness Membership!?!?!?
How to Cancel an LA Fitness Membership
Short Video: How to Cancel an LA Fitness Membership
If you need to cancel an LA Fitness membership, visit the gym and ask for a membership cancellation form at the front desk. If you prefer, you can find the cancellation form from your LA Fitness online account. Fill out the form and deliver it in person or online at least 5 business days before the next month’s dues or billed, otherwise you will be charged for an additional month. Since you pre-paid for a final month when you enrolled with LA Fitness, you can continue using the gym for 30 days after you cancel your membership.To learn how to cancel through the mail, read on!
Canceling By Mail
Log in to your LA Fitness online account.
Click “My Account” and look for the cancellation form.Print it out. You can also write a cancellation letter that includes your name and account number.
Send your signed cancellation form or letter to “LA Fitness, P.O. Box 54170, Irvine, CA 92619-4170.”Use certified mail to ensure a receipt and delivery signature by a LA Fitness employee. Certified mail will protect you from LA Fitness claims that you did not send your cancellation form before the billing date.
Postmark the cancellation letter approximately 40 days in advance of the date you want to end your membership.LA Fitness requires that it be processed at least 5 business days before your next billing date, and you should allow several days for mailing.
- To be safe, it is recommended that you cancel a full 30 days before your last month as a member. LA Fitness recently paid a settlement to a member. They claimed that they will continue processing payment if the cancellation letter is not received within 30 days of the next billing date. They have since claimed to improve their cancellation policies to 5 business days before the next billing cycle.
- Members pay for the last month’s membership during the initial sign up process.
Call several days after the letter is received and signed for.Find the number for customer service using the search function at . Call back until you receive confirmation of cancellation before the next billing cycle.
Canceling In Person
Decide if your situation requires you to cancel, or if you can freeze your account.When you cancel in person, a manager will ask you if you want to freeze your membership for several months or move it to another location to avoid losing your membership completely.
- LA Fitness recently reviewed their contracts and does not claim to charge termination fees if the cancellation letter is postmarked between 5 before the next billing date and at least 30 days before the date you intend to stop using the gym. Your membership will continue for 30 days after that billing date, because of a pre-paid last month.
- If you are injured, you should be able to cancel or freeze your gym membership according to your preference.
- You may be required to bring in a letter confirming your injury, if you choose to freeze your membership.
Ask for a membership cancellation form at the gym’s front desk.If they don’t have this form, you can write a letter to LA Fitness stating the reasons you must cancel.
- You can also sign into your LA Fitness online account. Go to “My Account” and look for the cancellation form.
- Make sure your cancellation letter includes your full name, member number, gym location and a reason why you are canceling. They may also require your date of birth and an email.
- In 2012, the Office of Fair Trading (FTC) judged that LA Fitness and other gyms must allow fair cancellation policies. They now allow members to cancel for reasons like “insufficient funds.”
Make an appointment with an Operations Manager at the front desk.You must give this manager your letter or cancellation form. Note the date on which it was delivered on a copy of your letter and get a verbal confirmation.
Ensure that you deliver the letter by hand at least 5 business days before the next month’s dues are billed.If not, your cancellation will process too late and you will be charged another monthly payment.
Continue using the gym for 1 month.When you enrolled, you paid for your first and last month’s dues. You can’t get a refund on this final month.
- If you do not cancel within 5 days of the next billing date, you may have 2 additional months of membership.
Speak with your personal trainer to cancel a training contract.These contracts are processed through the trainers and location administrator. You may be required to finish and pay for a certain number of remaining training sessions.
QuestionWhy does LA fitness make is difficult to cancel a membership with a letter?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerVirtually every company makes it difficult to cancel a membership, because as long as you can't figure out how to cancel, they keep getting your money. LA Fitness is notorious for this.Thanks!
QuestionI have tried to cancel my service multiple times, but I am still being billed. What should I do?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerCall your bank or credit card company, tell them situation, and they will block any billing from LA Fitness. Ask that they reverse prior charges, as they were not approved.Thanks!
QuestionCan I cancel in person at any LA Fitness location or does it have to be the one where I had the membership?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerYou may cancel at any LA fitness location, just make sure it is M-F, 9-5 when the Operations Manager is in.Thanks!
QuestionI just signed to be a member 3 days ago. Can I cancel my account?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerYou have 3 non-holiday business days only during which to cancel an account after creating it with no repercussions.Thanks!
QuestionCan I cancel my whole family with one cancellation letter?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerIt's one form per barcode, so you must submit each one separately if your family has different member IDs.Thanks!
QuestionWhat can I do if I do not understand the LA Fitness contract?Darren LipariCommunity AnswerLA Fitness does not have contracts. It's a month-to-month membership. You can cancel anytime. You just have to give a 5 day notification before your billing cycle and you will still have the remaining 30 days to workout because you paid for your last month at the point of sale.Thanks!
QuestionHow do I cancel my prepaid LA Fitness membership and get my money back?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerAfter a year the contract becomes month to month automatically. Talk to the person at the front desk about getting out of the membership, and ask to see a manager if needed.Thanks!
QuestionWhat is certified mail?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerCertified mail is simply a way for the sender to confirm mailing and delivery of an item. If you send something certified mail, you will be provided with a receipt at the time of mailing to prove when you mailed it. You can also ask to be provided with a receipt at the time of delivery.Thanks!
QuestionHow can I cancel my personal training?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerYou can contact the gym directly and ask their policy on cancelling a personal training session.Thanks!
QuestionWhen is the billing cycle monthly?Darren LipariCommunity AnswerYour billing cycle you the anniversary date of when you signed up to the gym. So for example, if you started on May 15th. Your billing cycle will be the 15th of every month. You can always change your billing cycle, if you choose to do so, after your first billing cycle.Thanks!
Can I deliver my cancellation form in person?
Can I transfer my membership from one LA Fitness to another?
How much time do I have to use my remaining 20 sessions after terminating a personal training contract?
How do I cancel a personal training contract for a specific amount of time?
How long does a gym membership last?
- LA Fitness has developed a reputation of making it hard for members to cancel. The situation seems to have improved since summer 2012; however, you should always follow up before the next billing date.
- Beware that cancellation policies may change over time. If you feel as though your gym does not follow the Office of Fair Trade’s rules, write a second letter and report the location to the Office of Fair Trade and Better Business Bureau. A gym contract is deemed unfair if it lasts more than 12 months, it does not allow you to cancel within 30 days and it charges you severe penalties.
Video: trying to cancel a gym membership
Why Avocado Could Smash The Filth Of Air Pollution
Cacao: Does the Percent on Your Chocolate Bar Mean It’s Healthier
Quick and Easy Fall Decor To Wow Your Guests
Food for Hormonal Imbalance—What to Eat and Avoid
Powder Letter Sent to Donald Trump Jr. Called Him the Family Idiot
Don’t Cry, But Jared Leto Cut Off All HisHair
These Shoe-and-Dress Formulas Go Together Like Gin and Tonic
McLaren Supercar Shootout
How to Draw a Basketball Court
How to Make a New Folder on a Computer
The Health Insurance Marketplaces Explained
Whitney Houston back in rehab
Here’s everything you need to know about sleep paralysis