How to bake salmon in the oven - 5 step by step recipes
The article will look at how to bake salmon in the oven at home, because this cooking method is the most common. The secret of popularity is that the same dish, depending on the recipe, is caloric and fatty or dietary and easy.
Salmon is a fragrant and incredibly useful fish, the regular use of which positively affects the figure and physical form. Today, skilled housewives prepare salmon in different ways, but all dishes look appetizing and noble.
Calorie baked salmon
Salmon is a category of oily red fish and is characterized by high nutritional value. The product has a lot of protein and fat, but there are no carbohydrates. Calorie in raw form is 152 kcal.Calorie baked salmon - 253 kcal per 100 grams.
Cooked in the oven salmon - a useful, hearty, delicious and easy-to-prepare culinary masterpiece. Among the advantages are the minimum time spent on cutting and processing the whole carcass. Using steaks or fillets further shortens the cooking time.
Even a novice will cope with the task of cooking in the oven, because it is easy. But there are several subtleties that will facilitate cooking, help to improve the result and get blissful food on the way out.
- The taste of the finished dish depends largely on the correctness of the choice of the main ingredient. For roasting in the oven is better suited chilled carcass. In this form, the original benefits and taste are preserved.
- Buy a product that has a fishy flavor and moderately saturated color. A pale tint indicates age, and too bright color - the presence of the dye.
- Some housewives use frozen salmon. In this case, it is important to properly defrost. To thawed and kept the carcass structure, leave the fish in the refrigerator on the bottom shelf until the morning. I do not recommend thawing in water, as the liquid has a bad effect on taste and appearance.
- Do not thaw at room temperature, especially in summer. Warm air contributes to the formation of disease-causing bacteria, and eating such fish in food is dangerous to health.
- If you bought fresh fish, but immediately you can not cook, wash the carcass, remove the insides, lightly dry,put in a glass container and send to the fridge. Under this condition, salmon is allowed to be stored for three days. If you put in the freezer, the period will increase several times.
- To cut the carcass, wait until it thaws slightly, but not completely. In this form it is easier and more convenient to clean. Wash salmon only in cool water. The use of warm liquid will lead to damage of taste and loss of juiciness. After the water procedure, be sure to blot with a napkin.
With the subtleties of preparing salmon figured out. It is time to consider the popular red fish cooking recipes in the oven. I offer time-tested recipes, which over the years have gained incredible popularity and earned a lot of positive feedback.
Classic recipe without foil
Looking for an exquisite way to cook salmon? Bake this wonderful fish in the oven. The classic recipe involves the use of whole pieces and spicy spices. No need to buy any complex ingredients.
- Salmon steak - 4 pcs.
- Lemon - 1 pc.
- Sour cream - 1 tablespoon.
- Salt - 0.5 teaspoon.
- Vegetable oil.
- Fish spices.
- Rinse the pieces of fish with cool water and dry with a paper napkin. Squeeze the juice of half a lemon and oil each slice. For convenience, use a culinary brush.
- Lubricate the baking dish with vegetable oil, lay out the fish. The main thing is that the pieces do not touch each other.
- In a small container, mix the sour cream, spices and chopped greens. I usually use dill, parsley, basil, coriander, red pepper and oregano. Just do not overdo it with spices, otherwise the original taste will be lost.
- Spread the mixture over the fish and spread. On one piece, take a teaspoon of the mixture. This is enough to create a kind of cap that will protect against drying and make the taste rich.
- Form with salmon, send to a preheated oven to 200 degrees. After about 25 minutes, the delicacy will be prepared. A minute before the end of cooking, I advise you to put on each steak a piece of lemon.
Oven-cooked salmon is a classic recipe perfect for a festive table. It is quickly prepared, has a presentable appearance and exquisite taste. The role of a side dish is suitable for fresh or baked vegetables.
How to cook salmon in foil
If you have fresh or frozen salmon at your disposal, take a look at the following recipe. Preparing red fish in foil, get a frantic pleasure, because the dish quickly turns juicy and incredibly tasty. The recipe will surely please the busy housewives, because it takes a little time to create a culinary work, if you do not bake the fish entirely.
- Salmon steak - 4 pcs.
- Sea salt.
- Ground pepper.
- Dried herbs.
- Fish seasoning.
- Prepare four leaves of foil that correspond in size to a sheet of A4 paper.
- Pieces of fish (the recipe is also suitable for baking whole), rinse with cold water and dry with a paper towel. Each piece rub with sea salt and sprinkle with ground pepper. Put in the center of the foil. Sprinkle with dried dill and parsley on top.
- For best results, wrap the fish correctly. To do this, cover the steak with one side of the sheet and press down. Then flip with the foil in the direction of the second end. Press the loose ends, twist the tube to the center. Get an envelope with a filling.
- Put the prepared fish in a baking dish and send it to a preheated 200 degree oven for 25 minutes. At the end of cooking, do not remove the foil, but carefully open the envelope and tuck it around the salmon, forming a boat. This is the secret of juiciness delicacy.
Hot salmon pour mayonnaise and serve to the table along with boiled potatoes. If you want to surprise the household, replace the mayonnaise with yogurt, crushed garlic and chopped dill sauce. So much tastier.
Salmon in the oven with potatoes
The following recipe is considered ingenious. It is so simple that even a far from culinary person will not spoil the dish, and the result will amaze the imagination with taste and aroma. It takes minutes to bake salmon with potatoes in the oven. So every owner will make at home a restaurant masterpiece.
- Salmon steaks - 400 g.
- Potatoes - 5 pcs.
- Onions - 2 heads.
- Tomatoes - 2 pcs.
- Lemon - 1 pc.
- Olive oil - 2 tablespoons.
- Lemon juice - 1 tablespoon.
- Salt, pepper, fish spices.
- Yogurt - 75 ml.
- Dill and parsley - 1 branch.
- Salt and pepper.
- Curry, oregano.
- Rinse the fish with cool water and dry thoroughly with a paper towel. As a result, the flesh is better saturated with marinade and thoroughly baked.
- In a small container, mix the ingredients of the marinade. In the resulting composition, lower the pieces of fish. Marinate salmon advise at least 15 minutes.
- Peeled and washed potatoes cut into slices 3-4 mm thick. Thanks to the thin slicing, the cooking time will be shortened and more useful substances will be saved.
- Make a vegetable fill. For this chopped greens combine with the rest of the ingredients. Better use homemade yogurt. Pour the mixture over the potatoes and mix. Peeled onions, lemon and tomatoes cut into thin rings.
- Put the prepared ingredients in layers. Place the onion on the potato layer, then the tomatoes, then the fish and finally the lemon.
- Send the salmon and potatoes to the oven for 40 minutes, activating the lower heating mode at 180 degrees. After 20 minutes, turn on the lower and upper heating mode to form an appetizing crust.
Salmon with potatoes prepared according to this recipe, as well as salmon and potatoes, will delight guests with an unsurpassed aroma, color palette and juicy structure. None of the guests will not refuse a portion of such treats.
Salmon steaks in foil with vegetables
Holiday is coming? Having trouble making a festive menu? Want to please the guests with something exquisite and royal? I advise you to bake in the oven salmon with vegetables. Cooking a culinary masterpiece will slightly empty the wallet, but the result is worth it, because the dish combines good and excellent taste.
- Salmon - 4 steaks.
- Potatoes - 800
- Sweet pepper - 2 pcs.
- Carrot - 1 pc.
- Peas - 250 g
- Orange - 1 pc.
- Honey - 50 ml.
- Corn mustard - 1 tablespoon.
- Olive oil.
- Ground pepper and salt.
- Put the peeled and washed potatoes in a saucepan, cover with water and boil until soft. On a small fire it will take about 15 minutes. Rinse the steaks with water and pat dry.
- Cut the orange in half and squeeze the juice into a small container, add the mustard, honey and mix. Pour salmon steaks with the resulting marinade and leave for 40 minutes.
- Sweet pepper cut in half, remove the stems and seeds, cut into large strips. Cut the peeled carrots into thin slices and rinse the peas.
- Put a sheet of foil on a baking sheet and brush with olive oil. Lay the boiled potatoes, then the sweet peppers and peas. Top with a layer of carrots, drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper. On top of the vegetables, lay the salmon and pour all the marinade.
- Cover with a second sheet of foil and send to the oven. Bake 30 minutes at 180 degrees. After the time, remove the steaks from the foil and serve to the table with sour cream sauce.
If you only knew how wonderful the dish looks on the table. And what a fragrance. This dish does not need a side dish. Is that a bottle of good wine does not hurt.
How to bake salmon in a creamy sauce
Salmon due to its delicate taste, juicy structure, huge benefits for the body and low bone content is considered to be the royal fish. Yes, and with the preparation does not arise difficulties. Baked, it is incredibly tasty and soft, especially if cooked in a creamy sauce. Would you like to try? The recipe is attached.
- Salmon fillet - 800 g.
- Cream 10% - 320 ml.
- Yolks - 3 pcs.
- Dijon mustard - 20 g
- Lemon - 0.5 pcs.
- Ground pepper and salt.
- Dill, tarragon, basil and parsley.
- Cut the salmon fillets into slices 5 cm wide and place them in a deep roasting dish. Season with salt, pepper and pour lemon juice.
- Mix the cream with the yolks, add chopped greens, mustard and lemon zest. Pour the fish into the sauce.
- It remains to send the dish in the oven. At 210 degrees, the salmon will be ready in 20 minutes.
The salmon cooked in the oven in a creamy sauce is ideally combined with rice, fresh vegetables or mashed potatoes, like juicy pink salmon or pike perch. In general, in choosing a side dish, I'm not an adviser, everyone has their own tastes.
Our website publishes useful, tasty and time-tested recipes. Today you learned how to prepare salmon in the oven in various ways. The use of recipes in practice will help in achieving an aesthetic and gastronomic effect at home.
Spanish wall tile in bathroom design
How to restore burned hair
Lamb and sauerkraut soup
What do Celtic tattoos mean
How to choose a toaster
Homemade hot dogs with minced meat
Useful properties of linden honey