Adobe Photoshop Tutorial- Scan Or Import Image From Scanner
How to Add a Scanner to Image Capture
Image Capture is an application used by the Macintosh OS X operating system that allows users to upload pictures from digital cameras, memory cards or scanners. The Image Capture application can access your device regardless if it is connected to your computer or a network. To use a scanner with Image Capture, all you need to do is connect it to your computer or to the network. Here are steps on how to add a scanner to your computer or to the network, as well as how to access it using the Image Capture application.
Verify your scanner is compatible with Macintosh OS X.
- Look on the scanner's box to determine its compatibility.
- Visit Apple's support website at to verify its compatibility with Macintosh OS X.
Add a scanner to your computer.
- Install the scanner's software and drivers. In most cases, you can visit the scanner manufacturer's website to download the latest drivers.
- Reboot your computer.
- Connect your scanner to the USB or FireWire port on your computer.
- Turn on your scanner.
Access the scanner from Image Capture.
Scan images using the Image Capture application.
- Set the item you want to scan on the scanning bed of your scanner.
- Navigate to your Applications folder and open Image Capture.
- Select your scanner mode. A pop-up menu will appear if your scanner supports different mode settings. Select your desired mode from the list, which may include options such as Transparency Positive or Negative, Flatbed or more.
- Enable "Detect Separate Items" by clicking in the box to its left. This feature will automatically straighten, select and separate your scanned items if you place more than one item on the scanner.
- Designate a "Scan To" folder destination.
- Click on the arrows in the "Scan To" drop-down menu to choose the folder where you want to store your scanned items.
- Choose an existing folder or select the "Other" option to choose a folder not shown. You can also choose an application such as Aperture, Preview or iPhoto or an email application to display the scanned item in a new email.
- Click on the "Scan" button to begin the scanning process.
Video: Windows 10 - How to Scan a Document or Photo
More Than 100 Celebrities Nude Photos Leaked Online
Massimo Dutti November 2014 Lookbook
Anal Play Basics: What You Need to Know
Online Support for Families of PML Patients
The Most Cost-Effective MS Drug Is the One That Works
This Smart Fridge Feels Like a Personal Nutritionist—and It’s on Sale
How to Enhance Boxed Brownie Mix
How to Play Outfield in Softball
How to Play Better Softball
How to Reduce Ferret Odor