Crypto News | Coinbase Bringing Institutional Investors. Worlds 5th Largest Bank To Release Crypto.
How the worlds 5th largest cryptocurrency was built in just a year
Block.one CEO Brendan Blumer.
- Australian lender Commonwealth Bank announced this morning that its CFO, Rob Jesudason, is resigning.
- He's moving back to his previous base of Hong Kong to be the chief operating officer for blockchain outfit Block.one.
- Block.one says it has raised more than billion from an ICO so far.
- Its token, ESO, has a current market value of more than billion.
Commonwealth Bank surprised the market this morning with the announcement that CFO Rob Jesudason is resigning, effective immediately.
It appears to be awkward timing for the bank, given that Jesudason made the cut in late-March after new CEO Matt Comyn took an axe to the executive team.
And Jesudason's next destination is also intriguing. He's moving back to his previous base of Hong Kong to be the chief operating officer for blockchain outfit Block.one.
"Blockchain will have a transformative impact on most industries in the coming years and will redefine operating models by streamlining businesses, while also reducing cost and risk," Jesudason said.
"Block.one 's technological innovation enables fast, low-cost, and scalable blockchain performance and is laying the groundwork for mass adoption of these new technologies."
In light of today's developments, we took a closer look at the company which has just lured the man who was paid .3 million in 2019 as CFO of Australia's biggest bank.
Here's what we know about Block.one:
- Block.one was established in 2019 following the release of a white paper for the EOS.IS blockchain platform, which is scheduled to launch in June 2019.
- On 26 June 2019, the company launched an initial coin offering (ICO) for EOS tokens distributed on the Ethereum blockchain. A total of 1 billion EOS tokens were made available.
- The ICO is unique in that it's being carried out over the course of one year, with a select number of tokens issued each day until July 2, 2019.
- Block.one says it has raised more than billion from the ICO so far. The ESO token has a current market value of more than billion.
- The EOS.IS software platform utilises a Delegated Proof of Stake (DPOS) algorithm. Block.one claims that DPOS technology allows for a much faster transaction approval process on the EOS.IS blockchain than competing technologies such as bitcoin.
- Block.one says the EOS.IS platform will have zero transaction fees, with the capacity to process millions of transactions per second.
- The Block.one entity is registered in the Cayman Islands, a jurisdiction that's often considered to be a tax haven for international businesses. Companies registered in the Cayman Islands pay no corporations tax.
- The company has around 200 staff worldwide, with offices in Hong Kong, California, and Virginia, USA.
Video: World’s Best Crypto Exchange - Advance Level Of Trading Available !
How to Make a Poofy Ponytail
How to Make Dessert Grilled Cheese
How to Set Up the Fisher Price InteracTV
Sex device for long-distance couples
How to Brush Your Teeth with a Tongue Piercing
How to Boil Lasagna Noodles
4 Ways To Grow Your Own Herbal Medicine
This Is Your Body In The Cold
What Does Arthritis Pain Feel Like
20 Gob Stopping Comebacks for Insensitive Nitwits
You Asked: How to Cut Your Own Fringe Without Ruining Your Life
Googles share of search, platform, and browser use in the UK: CHARTS
Kelly Slater’s Clothing Line Now Offers Wardrobe Staples For Under 100