How can cedar sap be used?
Nature has given us many unique plants, and different parts of them can be useful. Cedar resin is a real storehouse of vitamins, which can be used for various diseases.
What it is?
Cedar resin is a unique natural product, which is cedar resin flowing through cracks in the bark. Coniferous trees such juice was given by nature for good reason: it heals injuries, tightening them and forming a kind of protective barrier that prevents the penetration of pathogenic microorganisms.
The preparation of the resin is carried out in early spring, when the trunk and branches are filled with nutritious juice necessary for the ripening of the fruit. The collection is quite simple: it is enough to make a cut (cut) on the surface of the bark and substitute any capacity to this place. You will see a thick liquid resembling resin or honey. Over time, it thickens, and then hardens, and in this form it can maintain its properties for a long time.
The composition of cedar gum includes such useful and necessary substances as essential oils, numerous organic acids, diterpenes and monoterpenes, resin alcohols, as well as vitamins D and C.
Cedar resin was widely used in traditional medicine, and its healing properties are invaluable and numerous. Here are some of them:
- The amazing wound-healing effect of cedar resin was discovered and fully appreciated during World War II. Wounded soldiers used turpentine to treat wounds, which healed much faster, and without developing infections.
- It is an excellent natural biostimulator that allows you to recuperate after suffering severe diseases or intense loads, as well as energizing all the cells of the body. In addition, cedar resin can be considered an effective immunomodulatory agent that increases the resistance of the human body to attacks of bacteria, fungi and viruses.
- Such a natural product is useful for digestion: it accelerates the healing of damaged walls of the stomach and intestines, stimulates intestinal peristalsis, cleans the digestive tract from toxins and slags.Remedies based on cedar resin can be used to treat gastritis, dysbiosis and ulcers.
- Cedar resin helps to accelerate recovery from various diseases of the respiratory system, such as pneumonia, bronchitis, tracheitis. Funds stop inflammation and facilitate the discharge of sputum, restoring respiratory function.
- It is a powerful natural antiseptic that allows you to destroy various pathogenic microorganisms, such as viruses, fungi and bacteria.
- Turpentine helps to eliminate pain and restore joint mobility in arthritis, radiculitis, osteochondrosis, arthrosis.
- Topical administration is indicated for inflammatory diseases of the oral cavity and throat, as well as dermatological diseases, for example, for eczema and psoriasis.
- The product helps to improve blood circulation and blood supply to all important organs, including the brain. Therefore, sap can be used to improve memory and prevent Alzheimer's disease.
- There is an opinion that cedar resin has anticancer activity and allows you to slow down the growth of tumors and stop cell mutation.
Contraindications and side effects
Contraindications to use are few, they include the period of pregnancy and individual hypersensitivity.
Cedar resin is used in moderate low dosages, and if they are exceeded, side effects such as nausea, stomach pain and diarrhea can be observed. When used externally, allergic reactions such as redness and rash are possible.
How to apply cedar sap? In its pure form, it is practically not used, but on its basis various means of traditional medicine are prepared.
Consider a few recipes:
- The most commonly used oil or cedar gum balsam. For its preparation, five tablespoons of crushed solid resin need to be poured with a liter of pine nuts oil (if there is none, you can use another), previously heated to 45-50 degrees. Capacity close tightly and keep in a dark place for at least a week. Then strain the oil and use for ingestion on a tablespoon of sutra on an empty stomach. Balm helps with loss of strength, reduced immunity, diseases of the digestive tract, oral cavity and throat.And if you do inhalation, the oil will be effective for bronchitis or pneumonia. Also, the tool is suitable for outdoor use: it is applied to the affected areas twice a day. Women can use the balm for cosmetic purposes, adding it to masks and creams.
- Resin-based tincture has a high biological activity, which can be used as an immunomodulator and a biostimulant, as well as for the treatment of certain inflammatory diseases. To prepare a teaspoon of turpentine, pour two glasses of high-quality vodka or medical alcohol diluted with water. Place the mixture in a tightly closed container with darkened walls and send for two weeks in a cool dark place. Shake the can or bottle once every two or three days to activate the active ingredients and increase the effectiveness of the product. After two weeks, the tincture must be filtered. It is taken after meals twice a day: in the evening and in the morning. A single dose ranges from 30 to 50 drops, depending on the specific disease, the degree of its severity and the condition of the patient.
- Cedar honey can be found on sale, which can be made by yourself by adding a teaspoon of cedar gum to 100 grams of natural honey.For prevention and treatment it is enough to use a teaspoon of such a product twice a day: after breakfast and after dinner.
Tip: to prepare infusions and decoctions is not recommended, since when heated, the resin can lose some useful properties.
If you want to improve your health, start applying sap.
How to learn to dance street dances
Making a wooden cartwheel
PVC pipe rack for garbage
How to get rid of a plaque in the bathroom
How to find yourself and change your life for the better