Cooking flavored galeta cookies
Tea is more pleasant to drink with cookies, especially with fresh and homemade. To please yourself and the household, try to make crispy biscuits.
What are the biscuits, how did they appear?
Biscuits are dry crispy cookies, but in French cuisine such a concept is a combination of several dishes, which are certain varieties or substitutes for bread or pancakes. The name, by the way, is translated as “boulder” or “naked”, which is due to certain external similarities with smooth stones.
The history of the origin of the galette cookies presumably goes back to Brittany, but the exact period in which such a dish appeared, unfortunately, is unknown. Initially, it was intended to replace bread in long hikes, expeditions, as well as during the war. And such peculiar cakes really possessed all the qualities of bakery products, but at the same time they perfectly preserved their properties for a long time and did not deteriorate.
It is known that Christopher Columbus took the biscuits when he went on long voyages. At that time, such cookies were the basis of the ration of soldiers and sailors, but then they “moved” to the tables of ordinary French, and later spread throughout Europe.
What are they made of?
The simplest traditional biscuits are made from flour and water, sometimes salt or sugar is added. Flour can be as usual for many wheat, and buckwheat, oatmeal, corn and any other. It may also contain fat, that is, oil. Eggs are added to modern cookies, as well as various flavorings and fillers, such as vanilla, poppy seeds, cinnamon, zest, and so on.
Depending on the composition, they emit dry or simple biscuits (that is, crackers, low-fat biscuits), as well as fatty ones with the addition of margarine or butter (the proportion of fat can reach 15-20%). All of them have such qualities as a light porous structure, lack of moisture, as well as the rapid absorption of water. But if fatty biscuits are stored for a maximum of six months, then the shelf life of simple dry ones can reach two years.
Are the biscuits useful?
The benefit of galetny cookies lies in their nutritional value, because flour is a source of carbohydrates, which are spent on energy production.It also contains vitamins of group B, which are involved in many processes occurring in the body and are responsible for the smooth functioning of the nervous system.
The composition contains potassium, which is useful for the heart, phosphorus, which is necessary for the brain, iron that improves the composition of blood, sodium, which is responsible for water-salt balance, eliminates the increased tone of muscles and vessels, magnesium and other substances. By the way, galetny cookies can be used when breastfeeding.
One way or another, biscuits should be consumed in moderation, and if abused, they can cause harm.
- First, it can disrupt digestion and provoke constipation.
- Secondly, it is worth remembering that the biscuits belong to flour dishes, so that they can lead to weight gain, if you eat them often and in large quantities (especially fatty ones with high oil content).
- In addition, sweet biscuits increase the level of glucose in the blood, and salty ones can cause fluid retention in the body and, as a result, swelling.
The caloric content of dry galetny cookies is about 280-290 calories, the fatty is more caloric (up to 400 kcal).
How to cook?
How to make galetny cookies? There are lots of different recipes, and several will be discussed below.
This recipe is extremely simple and involves the use of the following ingredients:
- four glasses of flour;
- tablespoon of salt;
- 1.5 glasses of water;
- you can add a little soda, extinguished with lemon vinegar (it will make the texture lighter and porous).
- On a table or a wide board, pour in the flour (immediately add salt to it), form a slide and make a deepening in its center. In the hole start gradually pour a little warm water. Knead the dough.
- Continue kneading the dough, gradually adding water. As a result, it should turn out pretty tight and not sticking to your hands.
- Roll out the dough into a thin layer (the optimum thickness is five millimeters). Next, cut it into circles or any other shapes.
- Place the pieces on a baking sheet covered with baking paper.
- Bake the biscuits in the oven heated to 170-180 degrees for about half an hour.
Savory with basil
Try to make homemade savory biscuits with basil. To do this you will need:
- five glasses of flour (it is desirable to use wheat);
- a glass of sunflower or olive oil;
- two glasses of mineral water (preferably having a salty taste);
- tablespoon of salt;
- three to four tablespoons of dried and chopped basil.
Description of the cooking process:
- Pour the flour in a wide and deep bowl, mixing it with basil and salt immediately. Next, start pouring mineral water into the center, simultaneously kneading the dough.
- When the water runs out, add butter to the mixture and continue kneading the dough so that it becomes dense and uniform.
- Heat the oven to 180-190 degrees. Roll the dough into a layer about 3-5 millimeters thick, cut it in any way into pieces of any shape. Place them on a parchment-laid baking sheet, send it to the oven.
- Bake cookies literally fifteen to twenty minutes.
For tea, you can make delicious and fragrant biscuits with apples. To do this, prepare the following ingredients:
- 200 grams of oatmeal or wheat flour;
- half a pack (about 100 grams) of butter;
- five tablespoons of water;
- a teaspoon of sugar.
For apple stuffing:
- four medium apples;
- a pinch of cinnamon;
- one or two tablespoons of sugar.
- First, from flour, cold or better ice water, sugar and softened butter, knead a dense and uniform dough. Send it to the refrigerator for an hour.
- In the meantime, do some stuffing. In any way, chop the apples, after clearing them from the skins and removing the cores. You can cut them into thin slices or grate.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator, roll it into a layer about 5 millimeters thick and place it on a baking sheet covered with parchment or in a low baking dish. Place crushed apples in the center of the cake, sprinkle them with cinnamon and sugar. Wrap edges to the filling.
- Send apple galeta to the oven heated to 190 degrees for half an hour.
Recommendations to the mistress
Finally, some useful tips:
- To make biscuits cooked at home, turned out to be more crispy, before baking the dough, hold an hour or two in the refrigerator.
- Cookies will turn out to be airy and layered, if, when rolling out dough, fold it several times and roll it again.
- To prevent the dough from sticking to the table, try rolling it out on a special silicone mat.
- Ingredients can be changed.So, you can add poppy, sesame, any spices, zest and seasonings to the dough. You can also make biscuits with different fillings, they also turn out very tasty.
- Before baking, you can pierce the sheets of tests with a fork so that they are more crisp and airy and do not bubble during the heat treatment process.
- The thinner you roll out the dough, the more refined the cookies will be.
- If you are in a hurry, heat the oven well (up to 220-230 degrees) and bake the biscuits in it for literally fifteen minutes. But you can dry them longer at an average temperature, so they definitely will not burn.
Cooking biscuits is very simple, and this dish will be an excellent addition to tea or a great snack.
How to wear sapphire
Birthdays of February
Available jewelry that looks expensive
How to make a dome greenhouse with your own hands
30 UNUSUAL IDEAS OF VAZ APPLICATIONS IN THE DECOR