Caring for Kalanchoe in the home
Some plants boast decorative and medicinal properties at the same time. Among them Kalanchoe. The thick-barrel flower from Madagascar requires a bit of care at home.
Having provided a flower with love and care, you will receive an award presented by the opportunity to admire the beauty of bright pink flowers. Only the duration of flowering in Kalanchoe small. And this is good, because some plants, among which monstera and dracaena, rarely bloom at home.
Secrets of home care
- Spring-summer watering. In water the cold water within this period. Water in the process of watering should not fall on the stem, otherwise moisture will start the process of rotting. The soil should be moist but not wet. If you overdo it with water, pour the excess out of the pan. The plant is easy to do without watering up to three days.
- Autumn-winter watering. With the onset of cold weather, water less often. In the pan should not be water.The flower is afraid of cold, and even a few drops of liquid cause freezing or decay. Water after complete drying of the soil using old water at room temperature.
- Lighting. Kalanchoe cannot grow and develop in the absence of sunlight. During the first half of the day, keep the pot on the illuminated window-sill, and after dinner move to a dark place, creating the effect of the night. If there is no possibility to move the pot, cover with a handkerchief.
- Temperature. 18 degrees - comfortable temperature. But if the thermometer drops to five degrees, nothing will happen to the flower. As for the heat, it is fatal for Kalanchoe. In such conditions, the plant actively absorbs moisture, which is not fully absorbed.
- Air humidity. The plant does not like the excess of moisture. Therefore, rooms with high humidity for maintenance are not suitable. The moisture in the air creates an excess of fluid in the stem, and this contributes to the development of mold and fungus.
- Top dressing and fertilizer. Kalanchoe does not like fertilizer. But when there is a shortage of minerals, it is advised to feed them with succulent fertilizers in spring or summer, but not in winter. Reduce the dose indicated on the package by half.This home medicine is enough and so many.
- Transfer. The flower grows quickly. Even if the size of the stems is small, the root system greatly expands. Replant Kalanchoe often, conducting the procedure in the spring, when the flower is in the active phase. With a small amount of land, separate the plant, remove it from the old pot and plant it in a new pot.
- Adaptation. After the transplant, the adaptation process starts. It is important that the soil in the new pot corresponds to the ground in the previous one. During this period, it does not hurt to feed. Under normal conditions, the plant will take root within a week. During the selection of a new pot, it is recommended to leave the choice on a deep model of large diameter.
Kalanchoe should be present in the house of any self-respecting hostess, since it is indispensable in the treatment of various diseases. Following the advice, you will grow a plant that will decorate the house and help in case of health problems.
The miraculous properties of Kalanchoe are heard by all people. Not surprisingly, the plant is found in every home. The subtleties of caring for the flower we have discussed, now consider the types of Kalanchoe, which are as numerous as the varieties of cacti.
A medicinal and ornamental plant is often referred to as a indoor doctor or a tree of life, like geranium. At the moment there are about a hundred species. They all have healing properties. Below I will consider the common types of Kalanchoe and their features.
10 most popular types of Kalanchoe:
- Blossfeld. Small in size up to thirty centimeters with loosely branching, bare stems. The length of the green ovoid leaves with a red border reaches seven centimeters. Blooms pink, orange, yellow or red flowers. Suitable for the treatment of impotence, burns, purulent infections.
- Felt. The plant, growing to a height of thirty centimeters, has an upright, leafy stem. It has green, fleshy, oval-shaped leaves with coarse-toothed edges. Thick felt diluted with brown spots. The flowering period is in the middle of summer.
- Peristone. It grows to a meter height and has an erect stem. Round, fleshy leaves of compact size are pinnate. It blooms irregularly, throwing out asymmetrical flowers. This variety of the tree of life boasts hemostatic, anti-inflammatory, wound-healing and anti-bacterial properties.
- Bechar. Branching trunk and fleshy, crosswise opposite, large-toothed, gray-coated leaves in the form of a triangle 15 centimeters long. This species of Kalanchoe blooms in summer, pleasing the eye with yellow flowers.
- Degremona. The appearance is characterized by upright stem up to half a meter and triangular, light green leaves with palmate, slightly wrapped edges. Red or pink flowers are considered a highlight. Suitable for the treatment of gastritis, periodontal disease, boils, dermatitis and purulent wounds.
- Mangina. Kalanchoe of small height has hanging, thin stems and fleshy, juicy, opposite oval leaves. During the spring season is covered with red flowers of medium size.
- Trumpet. A peculiarity of the species is considered to be a juicy, naked stem covered with green specks with narrow linear leaves. In winter, it blooms with pink or purple bell-shaped flowers.
- Lobed. The flower has a fleshy, succulent stem with fleshy, serrated light green leaves. The look is characterized by the plentiful blossoming presented by small florets of a yellow-orange shade.
- Fiery. Such Kalanchoe grows up to thirty-centimeter height and is endowed with nature ovoid, narrowed at the base of the leaves with palmate edges. During the cultivation, the owners are pleased with red-orange flowers with a diameter of up to two centimeters.
- Marble. It grows up to 50 cm tall and has ovate leaves with lilac or brown specks. From January to April it is covered with white flowers.
You can see the most popular varieties of Kalanchoe. Regardless of the chosen species, the plant will please you with appearance and beautiful flowering, and to diversify the home garden, grow a croton. This exotic is more demanding to care, but Kalanchoe will make a good company.
All existing species are easy to breed. To get a dozen beautiful pots with wonderful colors, enough effort.
As the flower grows rapidly, the flower growers recommend constantly updating it. In just a year, it turns out to grow a full-fledged, adult plant that is not inferior to anything more mature individuals in terms of appearance and healing properties.
Method one - scions
- After completion of flowering provoke the formation of offspring in the plant. To do this, pin the tops of the shoots. A little later, "kids" will appear next to the mother plant.
- As soon as the size of the child plant reaches 30% of the size of the adult, carefully separate and plant in a pot filled with peat-sand composition. Then start nursing.
Method two - cuttings
- On the shoots of Kalanchoe appear aerial roots, which provide the plant with additional moisture from the air. From the mother flower cut the stalk and landed in the ground. As a result, the air roots will take root.
- I recommend using the tip of the shoot for grafting. Put it in a container with water to form roots or land in light soil. Within a month, the shoot will harden in the ground, give roots and release leaves.
The third way is the seeds
- Seed in early spring in fertile, well-drained soil. To seed better sprouted, cover the pot with a piece of glass or plastic wrap. The result is a greenhouse.
- Seedlings periodically aerate and spray with warm water. As soon as shoots appear, open the pot.When the shoots grow up, spread out in pots filled with a mixture, which includes sand, peat and soil.
The listed methods of reproduction of Kalanchoe help to timely update the available plants and increase the population. Take this information into service and apply in practice, and if you want to care for a more demanding flower, take a look at Dieffenbachia.
Healing properties of Kalanchoe
Kalanchoe is a miraculous plant imported from the African tropics. People call it differently: green first-aid kit, family doctor, tree of life, indoor ginseng.
The leaves of the plant are especially valuable. They serve as a source of beneficial trace elements. Even in the flower contains a considerable amount of vitamin "C".
Kalanchoe - a storehouse of tannic acid, polysaccharides and various enzymes. Thanks to these substances it has hemostatic, healing and anti-inflammatory properties.
As soon as people began to use Kalanchoe in the form of a houseplant, rumors about amazing properties immediately appeared. This tree of life cleans the air of germs, charges the atmosphere with positive energy, increases tone and restores vitality.
The use of the flower is also common in traditional medicine recipes.
- It is recommended to give children in certain proportions. If the child suffers from a cold, the diluted juice is instilled into the nasal cavity. Tincture of Kalanchoe - a means for rinsing your throat during a cold.
- Juice heals wounds and relieves inflammation. Helps to stop bleeding, overcome acute pain, get rid of mastitis, eliminate bleeding gums.
- Useful properties of Kalanchoe found application in cosmetology. This is a formidable weapon in the fight against age spots and acne. Helps to cope with other skin lesions.
- The flower has excellent choleretic properties, thanks to which it normalizes the cholesterol level and the functioning of the gallbladder.
- According to scientists, the daily use of Kalanchoe juice helps to clean the blood, slow down aging and improve the immune system. The main thing is that it is fresh.
These are not all the beneficial properties of an amazing flower. There are so many that do not count. The main thing is that in the arsenal of man there is such a universal assistant. And if you do not use the miraculous properties of the plant due to its absence, be sure to grow. It is so simple.
Pay attention to the problems of growing plants. Usually the Kalanchoe suffers from poor lighting. As a result, the stems are rapidly drawn out, and the lower leaves turn yellow or fall off.
After completion of flowering, it needs nutrition. In its absence, the process of pulling the stem starts and the foliage falls. To avoid such problems, feed kalanchoe.
If the loss of decoration caused no food or lighting, the room is too hot or dry air. Remember, keep the plant near the battery is not worth it, in this place it feels not comfortable.
If the stem or leaves are covered with mold or brown spots, this is the first sign of low indoor temperature or moist air. When the plant has a healthy appearance, but refuses to bloom, it is a signal of excess nutrition. Resolve the dosage of fertilizer will help solve the issue.
I think, now you know all the subtleties of growing Kalanchoe and caring for it at home. Providing this African exotic full of care, get at the disposal of an ornamental plant with healing properties.
Homemade masks and scrubs for the scalp
How can I wear a long dress
Lamb and sauerkraut soup