Cake "Flight" - a joy for sweet tooth
Do you like desserts? Then you will definitely be interested to try the amazing Flying Cake. And it's quite simple, and at home.
What is this cake?
The history of origin and name of the cake "Polet" is unknown, at least, in no reliable source about this dessert is indicated. But it is very similar to the famous "Kiev" cake, its basis is also meringue. The cream is used oil, so to call a low-calorie dish just will not work.
How to cook?
How to make a cake "Flight"? To do this, you need the following ingredients:
- 170 grams of egg whites (i.e. about five medium sizes);
- 320 grams of granulated sugar;
- 130 grams of peanuts;
- one or two bags of vanilla.
For the preparation of oil cream:
- one egg yolk;
- 200 grams of granulated sugar;
- 100 ml of milk;
- 200 grams of butter;
- 1 tablespoon of brandy;
- half a teaspoon of cocoa powder.
Description of the cooking process:
- First you need to fry the nuts.It is best to do it in the oven at 170-180 degrees for about fifteen minutes. Then peel the peanuts and chop them with a knife or chop them in another way, but not too small, the pieces should still be felt.
- Now proceed to the preparation of meringue: whisk the egg whites to form a mass with stable peaks. Then add sugar and vanilla and beat the mixture again. Put a tablespoon in a pastry bag, this part is required for decoration. Then add the peanuts, mix everything. Separate a tablespoon of this mixture.
- Cover the baking sheet with parchment, for convenience, draw on it two circles with a diameter of about 25-30 centimeters, apply an egg-nut mass on them evenly. Bake cakes in the oven at 100 degrees for about two hours.
- Separately bake the cover, laying the deferred part of the meringue. Also prepare decorations, squeezing out small portions of protein foam from the confectionery bag.
- Proceed to the preparation of the cream. To do this, you first need to make egg-milk syrup. Mix the yolk, milk and sugar, over a low heat bring the mixture to a boil, and then cook, stirring constantly, for about 15-20 minutes.The composition should be thick.
- Next, beat the butter with a mixer and, without stopping the process of beating, pour the ready syrup in a thin stream. Then add cognac and mix again. Separate a portion of the cream (about two tablespoons), mix with cocoa. Also separate about the same amount of cream and leave to continue to also use for decoration.
- The last stage is the build. Put one cake, grease it with half of the cream, put the second cake on top, spread the whole cake (including the sides) with the remaining cream.
- A small portion of the nut meringue that you cooked separately, crumble and sprinkle with the sides of the cake.
- Decorate the top with chocolate and white cream, as well as protein figures.
- Send the cake for about a couple of hours in the fridge so that it is soaked, then serve for a feast or for a family or friendly tea party.
Some useful tips:
- You should not try to change the recipe, as the proportions of the ingredients and the sequence of cooking steps are very important, this is what allows you to achieve the necessary texture of meringue and cream.
- It is impossible to replace the butter cream with a lighter cream or sour cream, as they can partially dissolve the meringues, and then the cake will not be so airy and stable.
- Peanuts can be replaced with other nuts, such as hazelnuts, cashews or almonds.
- Do not replace butter with margarine: firstly, it has a completely different taste, secondly, the consistency of the finished cream will differ from the desired.
- Cognac gives the cream a pleasant aroma, but this ingredient is not necessary to use, it is not the main one. The same can be said about cocoa, because this component is used to decorate and give a light chocolate flavor.
- To make the meringues more airy, add a small pinch of salt to them before churning the proteins.
- To estimate the density of the whipped protein mass and understand that it is ready, turn the bowl over. The mixture should remain in place, because ideally it will be dense and stable.
- It is best to send the dessert in the fridge not for two hours, but for the whole night, then it will become even more delicious.
- To make the cakes stable and not flatten during the baking process, use well-cooled proteins.
- Sugar can be replaced with powder. First, it will make the taste more delicate, and secondly, you will definitely get the necessary foam consistency, which will simplify the task.
- If you wish, you can experiment with the decor.For example, you can use cocoa, crushed or melted chocolate (both white and dark). But fruits and berries, most likely, will not fit, although, as they say, "there is no taste and color for the comrades." You will probably like this option too.
Be sure to please the guests and relatives!
Butterflies on your shoulder: the transformation of an ordinary T-shirt into a design thing
Megan Markle gave the first speech in the role of the Duchess
Secrets of cooking salads with pineapple
20 most fun sandwiches for kids
Signs during pregnancy
Paper Christmas tree in 10 minutes