Advantages and disadvantages of traveling by car
Traveling is great! And if you have your own car, then vast horizons are opening up for you. At the very least, you can definitely explore your own country and, perhaps, neighboring countries. But is it worth traveling by car? To understand this, study all the features of such a trip.
Pros and cons
To make a final decision, learn all the advantages and disadvantages of road travel. First, we list the advantages:
- The indisputable advantage of independent travel by car is complete freedom. And this means that if you see something interesting on your way or learn about some unusual place, you can easily deviate from the course or linger a little.
- The second plus is the relatively low cost of the trip. If the number of passengers is equal to the number of seats of the car, then you will definitely save, because tickets for the train and especially for the plane are much more expensive.
- Another plus is mobility.You can at any time go to the store, to the pharmacy or to another place and purchase everything you need. When traveling by train, this opportunity is unlikely to be presented.
- You will be able to take an almost unlimited amount of baggage (it will be limited only by the capacity of the trunk), and you will not have to worry about the excess weight.
- Traveling by car is interesting and fun! Other people will not bother you, which means that you will be able to completely relax and lead a lively and interesting communication.
- The relative advantage is time saving. Sometimes a trip by car is shorter than, for example, a train ride.
Now list the cons:
- This is not very comfortable and sometimes tiring. And it will be especially difficult for a driver who spends hours on the road and has to constantly follow the road, which is very difficult. But the passengers are not too comfortable either, since if the car is a usual passenger car and not the most spacious, then they will have to stay in one position for a long time. In addition, it is not always possible to visit the toilet (for example, while driving on the highway).
- The car is an extremely complicated mechanism with a lot of details, which can fail at any time. And if this happens on an un-alive road, then there will simply be no other way to wait for help. And because of this, you can lose a lot of time and energy.
- Travel by car is always associated with a certain risk. First, you can get into an accident (and not necessarily through your own fault). Secondly, fraudsters and criminals are operating on the roads, and autotravelers for them are relatively easy prey. Third, the meeting with the traffic police will not be the most pleasant.
- And finally, you will have to look for a safe and secure place for your car. Travelers are robbed more often, so it is better to drive the car to a guarded parking lot. But if it is far from the place of residence, then it is not very convenient. In addition, parking in specially designated places for tourists can be very expensive.
Planning a trip
If you go on a trip by car, then plan it in advance. There are several important points of preparation:
- Be sure to prepare to travel your car. Take a technical inspection, replace all old parts.Such measures will help minimize the risk of unexpected breakdowns and trouble. You should not rely on yourself and carry out diagnostics yourself, entrust it to a professional. Only an experienced master will be able to notice practically invisible, but at the same time quite serious defects.
- Make a route. Take the map and build the road. And it is best to use a navigator or a special application on a mobile device. It is more convenient and reliable.
- Be sure to learn the features of the area to which you are going. This will take everything you need and avoid unpleasant surprises.
- Examine weather conditions, find out forecasts.
- The next step is budget planning. Calculate all major and unforeseen expenses that may arise on the road: for food and drinks, for petrol, for hotel rooms (if you decide to rest on the way).
- Next is to carry out temporary calculations. Find out how much time you spend on the road. To do this, determine the distance that you will need to overcome, and divide it by the average speed (it is better to take the minimum values in order to have a time margin).
- Make a list of things to take with you.
What to take in a car trip?
So what to take with you? The most important:
- Documents: passports, insurance policies, as well as documents for the car (technical passport, automobile insurance policy, driver's license, vehicle registration certificate, technical inspection certificate).
- Fire extinguisher, first aid kit, cable, emergency sign. These items should be in any car.
- Spare wheel.
- Petrol. Be sure to take a can of gasoline, because it can end at the most inopportune moment (and filling stations, for example, on the road may not be).
- Clothes and shoes. It's not about the clothes that lie in the suitcase and are designed for recreation. Take the convenient things that you will wear on the road. It can be jeans and a T-shirt, a tracksuit. Take a few warm clothes, as well as hats. Shoes should be comfortable. Select all the things you need in view of the season and possible weather changes.
- Pillows. They will make the trip more comfortable. You can buy special car pillows. You can also capture and blankets.
- Clean bottled water and food (sandwiches, vegetables, fruits, and so on). You can also take a thermos with tea and a portable kettle or kettle that works from a car cigarette lighter.
- Cooler bag. Put water and food in it.
- First Aid Kit. Be sure to take anesthetic, antipyretic, drug-sorbent (it is used for poisoning), antihistamine (antiallergic) remedy, diarrhea medication, a means of motion sickness, disinfectant local remedies, bandages and patches, as well as specific drugs (if taken by one of the passengers ).
- Repellent means.
- Sun protection means.
- Articles and personal hygiene products (toothpaste and brushes, toilet paper, moist antibacterial napkins).
- Automotive spare parts and tools. Take only those parts that are the “weakest” and often subject to breakdowns in your car.
- If you travel with a child, take everything you need for it: diapers, wet wipes, cream, baby food, a bottle or drink, spoon, pacifier, change clothes, toys and so on.
- Navigator. He will point the right way and help you stay on the route.
- DVR can help in contentious situations that have arisen on the road.
- If the trip is long and you plan to stop outside the hotel or hotel, take hiking accessories: a tent, a folding table and chairs, and dishes.
- Phone and charger.
A few recommendations:
- Do not go on a trip if you are not confident in yourself or in your car.
- It is desirable to have two drivers. They can replace each other and rest from the road.
- Tune in to a positive, stay in a good mood.
- You should not go in bad weather.
Let the car trip be pleasant, safe, interesting and memorable. Good luck to you!
Instant salted tomatoes in a package and pan: recipes with photos step by step
Secrets of haircut ladder
Selena Gomez - the new Queen of Instagram, sorry, Kim
What is envy really dangerous and how to overcome it
Potatoes in the oven with cheese, mayonnaise and sour cream
How to turn your site into a real candy with the help of a grid and stones
How I grow TUY from a sprig